The Short Answer, Yes.
Life Back Then:
- Emotionally available parents
- Less choices and options
- Clearly defined expectations
- Summer jobs and daily chores
- Adequate sleep and less processed food
- Movement and outdoors
- Creative play, social interaction, and scope for boredom
- Dirty socks, dishes and books on the night stand – the overwhelm was visible.
Life in the Digital Age:
- Digitally distracted parents
- Overload of options and choices
- Indulgent parents – gadgets for gifts
- Entitled kids
- Processed foods and sleep deprivation
- Sedentary indoor lifestyle
- Consumption no creation
- Stimuli overload, tech babysitters, absence of silence
- Whatsapp, Facebook, Email, Wedding Fail videos – the overwhelm is everywhere, in the physical world and our online world.
Children are not capable of self regulation, developing different perspectives, resisting digital distractions, regulating their emotions and recognizing emotions in others.
They have to be taught these skills. And its upto us as parents and caregivers to teach them important 21st century life skills. The below free resources and articles are going to help you navigate this wonderful duality of the online and real worlds so you can help your children thrive.
* * *
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
* Our Love And Hate Relationship With Tech: Technology is a complex thing. On the one hand, the ability of being anonymous, makes it difficult to track who's doing what. On the other hand, you can't be your most vulnerable self on it, because there are...
* From The Academic World To The Workforce: Entering the workforce straight out of high school can be both exciting and daunting. As you transition from the academic sphere into the professional world, it's crucial to consider a range of factors that can...
* The Good Citizen Initiative: We raise our teens with the singular goal of making them college application ready. But, in a world where every child is on the honor roll, young adults who are equipped with making big decisions now will thrive both in their...
When Life Happens, You Write When you’re a writer-at-large, you let life happen to you. That way, you let your eyes steal everything that they see, put a spin on it and spill onto paper / machine some “stream of consciousness” kinda cool stuff. And if I am a...
* https://youtu.be/y9ChCzYFiSg * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: Survey Can Be Found HERE: https://www.nemours.org/well-beyond-medicine/what-s-worrying-america-s-kids-survey.html...
* EYE HUNGER Eye hunger is triggered by food that you see. It can be other people who are eating, food that you see on the table or counter, seeing adverts, recipes and pictures of food. Other examples are food displays in delis, markets, restaurants or...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!