Peace Or Possessions?
As we age, we increasingly understand what truly matters in life. Not material wealth, not expensive jackets, not even real estate property that we carefully and deliberately acquired.
As such, it is also increasingly difficult to let go of all the things that we call our own. But, if we don’t do them when we’re around, our children and our kin will be left with the painful decision of discarding things that we had held with love and care.
Decluttering helps us to get to the things that matter the most quickly and efficiently. And the best part, you won’t even miss those things you’ve tossed, we promise. Ask yourself, what are you truly after? Peace or possessions?
Here’s how to get started. Discard, donate and dump any items in your living space that doesn’t serve you. Think twice before you pick up anything new from the store other than groceries you need to survive.
Other areas like our digital bookmarks and our mental space also need massive decluttering. While old magazines and books create anxiety, digital clutter like email, social media and texts can induce terror just as much as physical clutter.
Resources To Catalog And Digitize Memories:
Here are some local Atlanta resources that might help you decide how to digitize your photos.
Modern Image does both photo and document scanning. They will also shred and dispose of original items if you like.
Pixorium – owned by Jiffy Page:
Pixorium does basic scanning, but also specializes in creating photo story books.
Good Life Photo Solutions – Andi Willis:
Specializes in photo organizing and scanning
Trade In Your Apple devices and receive a Costco Shop Card:
Great resource to help divide personal property between heirs.
It will provide an inventory of your home that you can share with your family.
The KONMARI Method of Decluttering:
Mari Kondo’s decluttering method that was the rage a few years ago, adds method to the madness.
Tidy up in one shot.
As quickly and completely as possible.
Sort by category.
Not by location.
Selection criterion should be:
“Does it SPARK JOY!”
The order must be:
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
CLARITY - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CLARITY as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On CLARITY
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* Part III: Continued from PART III HERE. * Cutting And Pain Relief: Addiction is like chasing an obsession. People often can't think of a way out of it. "Saying stop it," won't work. People will always go back to their symptom relieving ways if...
* Part II: Continued from PART II HERE. * Signs Of Mental Health Issues: For some anxiety can be the "force that's pushing me about everything that's wrong." Then there's the sexual assault horrors that we are made aware of. "My ex boyfriend...
* Part I: Continued from PART I HERE. * Kids And Teens Speak Up: Kids and adolescents deal with mental health challenges differently. Kids want to isolate, and not tell anyone. Because in their little brains, things can be confusing and if...
* Sierra Nevada As A Witness: On the lookout point called Mirador de San Nicolás, I stood on the side waiting for someone to click a picture of our family. Our backdrop would be the Alhambra (one of the most famous monuments of Islamic architecture located in...
* Here's an amusing fact about our lives. The intent behind every act of ours is either in anticipation of permanent relief or temporary alleviation of some sorrow. It's funny, isn't it? At a personal level when something or someone is giving us grief, it's...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* Our True Aspirations: If I ask you what you want in life, you might say, recognition, a handsome income, and a comfortable life. But, what about the most important reason why any of the things we want in life matter? Our personal freedom. Don't believe me?...
* Here are a series of Strength essays by teenagers in a school in inner city Atlanta. * * * * * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!