How America Eats:
Americans are not very diverse in their eating habits and choose to eat less than a fraction of 1 percent of all the edible food types available on the planet. We mostly eat Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Chili, Tuna melts, Ham and cheese, Turkey, Roast Beef, Chicken Fingers, Fried Shrimp, Onion Rings, Mozzarella Sticks (try taking a shit the next day). Oh wait, my bad, I forgot carrots, peas and chocolate covered strawberries (Valentine’s Day special)!
So, what’s the problem?
Except for 1% of the family farms that are still in business, every single animal in America that is eaten, milked or lays eggs comes from an industrialized factory farm.
“This year, Americans will cook roughly twenty-seven billion pounds of beef, sliced from some thirty-five million cows. They will consume roughly twenty-three billion pounds of pork, or the bodies of more than a hundred and fifteen million pigs, and thirty-eight billion pounds of poultry, some nine billion birds.”
― Article: Flesh of Your Flesh by Elizabeth Kolbert, 2009
“As in any kind of factory, uniformity is essential. Piglets that don’t grow fast enough – the runts – are a drain on resources. Picked up by their hind legs, they are swung and then bashed head first onto the concrete floor. This common practice is called “thumping”.
‘We’ve thumped as many as 120 in one day,’ said a worker from a Missouri farm.
‘We just swing them, thump them, then toss them aside. Then, after you’ve thumped ten, twelve, fourteen of them, you take them to the chute room and stack them for the dead truck. And if you go in the chute room and some are still alive, then you have to thump them all over again. There’ve been times I’ve walked in that room and they’d be running around with an eyeball hanging down the side of their face, just bleeding like crazy, or their jaw would be broken.’”
― Jonathan Safran Foer, Eating Animals
The above is a screenshot from a video on “How hot dogs are made”. Isn’t that appetizing? I’m sorry, I’m being sarcastic! I want you to read along the review of the book Eating Animals Jonathan by Safran Foer to understand how Corporate greed runs factory farms and fecal soups to create a culture around eating “food” they manufacture.
How Hot Dogs Are Made:
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Best Book Recommendations And Reviews
Live life through the lens of others, imagine the impossible. Dwell in books.
* EYE HUNGER Eye hunger is triggered by food that you see. It can be other people who are eating, food that you see on the table or counter, seeing adverts, recipes and pictures of food. Other examples are food displays in delis, markets, restaurants or...
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam I will either find a way, or make one. Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
* Articles On Mindful Parenting It’s not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can’t tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can...
* Stories are used to sell important ideas. Even companies selling yogurt have their origin story on the marketing label as a way to connect with potential customers - complete with green pastuers, beautiful cows - you get the drift. Stories help us connect...
* The Man Vs. Machine Age: Digital Literacy: Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked By Adam Alter It’s Complicated: The Social Lives Of Networked Teens By Danah Boyd The Screen Strong Solution: How to Free Your...
* Quotable Quotes From The Big Disconnect: Excerpts From the book, The Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age By Catherine Steiner-Adair EdD. It's a powerful reminder to understand how to protect childhood and family...
* Books By Indian Authors: Breaking India By Rajiv Malhotra & Aravindan Neelakandan Snakes in the Ganga: Breaking India 2.0 By Rajiv Malhotra & Vijaya Viswanathan India, that is Bharat: Coloniality, Civilization, Constitution By J. Sai Deepak Urban...
Learn To Be Miserable. Here Are The Best Ways To Combat Internal And External Resistance To Creativity.
* The below quotes are what make the book, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles By Steven Pressfield, a Power house in our fight to the resistance to our craft. * In my younger days dodging the draft, I...
* A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the...
* * * * Our Personal Growth Momentum Welcome. You're here because you're interested in self development. It's simple to start. Tell yourself this every day. "A commitment to personal excellence, unwavering grit and relentless perseverance can only...
* The Courage To Be Authentic: Here are a few important aspects of human behavior that get in the way of building courage and authenticity at the workplace. a. Avoiding tough conversations, we try to be overtly nice and polite. There’s lack of clarity,...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!