Most of our lives, except those of us experience deep existential angst at an early age, live on autopilot. We get caught up on what the standard of beauty is, what the definition of entertainment is, and what success and happiness look like.
But, instead of getting carried away with mob fever, how about we used our own intuition and our inherent wisdom?
Why do we sleep walk through life?
In a single line, if I have to give you an answer, it’s because we love status quo – the comfort of knowing what to expect.
What happens if we sleep walk through our life?
Believe it or not, a lot, actually.
- We might not use our strengths to their full potential.
- We might burn out easily in the long term because we are not living our authentic life.
- We might miss opportunities that are presenting themselves in front of us.
- We might miss a great opportunity to inspire and encourage those around us to do their best.
Defining Success For Yourself:
Having a vision and a road map for where you want to go helps turn your ideas into actionable goals. It helps you to see with clarity inspite of chaos.
Having a goal of #BetterThanYesterday inspires you to do more and be better each passing day. It gives you the contentment and the self-satisfaction of a well lived life.
Answer these below questions, and you will never live another day sleep walking in your life!
- How can I contribute?
- How can I stay in touch?
- How I can be authentic that reflects my values and aspirations?
To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate the beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch Or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded! ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
CLARITY - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CLARITY as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On CLARITY
* The areas in which a human self-sabotages himself or herself on a daily basis are endless. Judgement, anxiety, fear, regret, stress, shame, grace, expectations, perfection, self-doubt, bias, vices, time management etc. and so much more. * Cultivate...
* As humans, we all want to succeed, but often times, we don’t seem to know where to start. First let's establish a workable definition of success. Here’s my definition: “Success” is about working hard consistently, making difficult choices and outlasting my...
Social Emotional Learning And Mindfulness Here are ways kids can teach their brains to calm themselves and control their worries and stressors....
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* Part III: Continued from PART III HERE. * Cutting And Pain Relief: Addiction is like chasing an obsession. People often can't think of a way out of it. "Saying stop it," won't work. People will always go back to their symptom relieving ways if...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!