What Is Phishing?
The CSRC, Computer Security Resource Center, says that Phishing is the technique for attempting to acquire sensitive data, such as bank account numbers, through a fraudulent solicitation in email or on a web site, in which the perpetrator masquerades as a legitimate business or reputable person.
Phishing is the number one way that someone can steal our identity. We all have received emails, messages or pop-ups mostly with someone promising us money if we would just provide our bank account number.
Seniors, adults and now students are increasingly becoming victims of these scams. Because of their age and attachment to social media, children are more prone to communication with people electronically and are more trusting and apt to give out private information to strangers.
We have to teach them to be skeptical about online requests for personal information as well as being able to discern messages or posts that might seem out of character for people they actually know. This could be a warning sign that their friends account has been hacked.
• Avoid opening the message or email in the first place.
• Don’t click on any links or download any attachments. They may contain viruses or spyware.
• Don’t reply to anyone you don’t know or are not sure of.
• Mark as “junk mail” or “spam” for your email provider, or report it to your social network.
• If you are concerned about an account you have with a company, contact the customer service department of that company by phone.
• Verify the company’s contact information elsewhere online before you engage with them.
How To Fight Phishing:
Awareness is our best defense against crooks.
- Go to the Consumer Information portal on the Federal Trade Commission website to learn more. Go to www.ftc.gov/idtheft for help if you realize that your identity has been stolen.
- You can report spam to www.ftc.gov/complaint.
- Read Common Sense Media: Scams and Schemes https://www.commonsense.org/education/lesson/scams-and-schemes-6-8
- And https://www.commonsensemedia.org/articles/how-to-protect-your-kid-from-fortnite-scams
The Epidemic of Child Identity Theft:
* * *
Online Safety Education and Awareness Programs:
Cyberbullying Statistics Everyone Should Know:
Find out what bullying and cyberbullying are, who is at risk, and how you can prevent and respond to bullying.
Tips To Help With Cyberbullying:
Boys Town National Hotline:
Get help 24/7 for issues like abuse, anger, depression, school issues, bullying etc. (serves girls too)
Internet Threats By The Numbers:
Password managers are one helpful way you can keep your online data safe. Here’s why password managers are safe to use.
Report Any Type Of Harassment:
It Can Wait Campaign:
Shares a simple message: Please don’t drive distracted. We encourage everyone to take the pledge to drive distraction free and join the movement at ItCanWait.com.
Family Online Safety Institute (FOSI):
An international nonprofit working to make the online world safer for kids and their families, FOSI promotes a culture of responsibility online and encourages a sense of digital citizenship for all.
Common Sense Media:
Common Sense Media is an organization that reviews and provides ratings for media and technology with the goal of providing information on their suitability for children. It also funds research on the role of media in the lives of children and advocates publicly for child-friendly policies and laws regarding media.
OASIS Institute is a nonsectarian, nonprofit spiritual organization established in 1995 for the purpose of providing Attitudinal Healing support services. Their mission is to create a safe physical and emotional environment for joining with others through attitudinal healing support groups, study groups, classes, workshops and other services that facilitate the well being of people of all backgrounds.
Protecting Babies From Online Threats:
Presented to you by WizCase: Find it HERE.
How to Deal with Cyberbullying – The Complete Guide:
Presented to you by StudyCorgi: Find it HERE.
Bullying In School – A Teacher’s Guide:
How Can Teachers Prevent Bullying in Schools?
Why Teacher Diversity is Important:
Creating an Inclusive Classroom for Special Needs Students:
Home Internet & Device Safety Workshop:
Internet Safety For Parents – GBI:
Immediate Mental Health Resources Around The World:
* * *
Disclaimer: Hey guys, please note. Not all the above links are free services and FutureSTRONG Academy doesn’t get paid for these putting these resources here.
For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness
Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And Parents
* https://youtu.be/rMW3s2z9oss * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://twitter.com/brokeymcpoverty/status/1017098515347066880 * * * What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in...
* The areas in which a human self-sabotages himself or herself on a daily basis are endless. Judgement, anxiety, fear, regret, stress, shame, grace, expectations, perfection, self-doubt, bias, vices, time management etc. and so much more. * Cultivate...
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJ3Es4R3ag * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.themarginalian.org/2020/05/17/yes-to-life-in-spite-of-everything-viktor-frankl/...
* Part I: Why Practice Meditation: Find it HERE. * How To Purify The Mind: The philosophy of Vedanta teaches us that perfection is our true nature. But, if we're inherently perfect why don't we feel that way at all times. As we have discussed,...
* The question that often arises about meditation is why meditate? For that we have to understand the essence of Vedanta: Aham Brahmasmi - My nature is infinite. If that is true, how can we prove it? We often use identification theory to understand the world...
* Continued From Part II: Check it out HERE. * For Many Tiktok Needs No Introduction: In this attention economy, there's no bigger lure for children, teens and adults like Tiktok. It's an app that promises to showcase your creativity serving it up...
* Continued From Part I: Check it out HERE. * Discovering On Snapchat: Yes, we are in the digital age, and kids will have to find ways for social integration online. Yes, it is inevitable. But, one of the most useless apps on the planet can be...
Part I: Part II: Part III: Part IV: For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group?...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!