Let’s Define Wellbeing:
As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!”
So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily basis. How satisfied are we about the state of our life? Do we experience a sense of pleasant emotions daily? How’s our ability to not get overwhelmed by the nature of our environment – mostly that is out of our control?
Anchor and Acrobat:
Pick two feelings that they most would like to feel. Their response is usually about happiness and confidence. Think of a symbol that represents those feelings. Remind your child to think of a symbol when they need more strength, calmness or confidence. Think Gratitude and being thankful, and it will fill you up instantly. Subtract everything you care about from your life and you will understand what I mean.
Acrobat (Flexible Thinking):
How open-minded are we to other perspectives? Being able to think flexibly includes investigating our thoughts. I frequently suggest that youngsters keep an awareness notebook to help them analyze their thoughts. Questions like “What is my thought?” and “How does it make me feel?” can be explored.
Regarding grades, I do well and feel content, assured, and proud. A flexible mentality enables them to reconsider the ideas that are motivating them and to develop fresh insights. “Mistakes are a chance to learn. I’ll make it my mission to raise my grade.”
How Do You Keep Preserve Happiness?
So how can we preserve a keen sense of wellbeing on a daily basis? First, to take a stock of our personal wellbeing, we can start by asking ourselves how we feel in three aspects of our life.
a. Our sense of autonomy and purpose
b. Our understanding of our strengths
c. Our connectedness to others
Try to understand the answers to all these above aspects and you will find yourself working on the things that matter the most. When that happens consistently, happiness stays with you.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
CLARITY - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CLARITY as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On CLARITY
* Which Me Should I Be? In the real world, unless it's Halloween, it should be pretty clear who I am. But, when it comes to the online world, I can be a penguin, a zombie or a ninja. I can have a screen name like SexyKitten or AngryBoy. I can make up screen...
* The areas in which a human self-sabotages himself or herself on a daily basis are endless. Judgement, anxiety, fear, regret, stress, shame, grace, expectations, perfection, self-doubt, bias, vices, time management etc. and so much more. * Cultivate...
* As humans, we all want to succeed, but often times, we don’t seem to know where to start. First let's establish a workable definition of success. Here’s my definition: “Success” is about working hard consistently, making difficult choices and outlasting my...
Social Emotional Learning And Mindfulness Here are ways kids can teach their brains to calm themselves and control their worries and stressors....
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!