Effects of Marijuana and How Parents Can Help:
Why is it important for parents to be informed about marijuana?
Young people who use marijuana are 4 to 7 times more likely than adults to become addicted to marijuana; however, the longer teens and young adults delay use while their brains are developing, the less likely they are to develop a marijuana use disorder or addiction.
What are the risks of my child using marijuana?
Because their brains are still developing, teens and young adults are among the most at risk for the harms of marijuana. Marijuana can affect people differently, but here are some common effects:
• Brain development can be negatively impacted, including decision-making and impulse control
• Anxiety and psychoses (how people view reality) can increase
• Attention, learning and memory can be negatively impacted
• Slower reaction time, can affect driving and increase injury risk
• Can lead to addiction How do I talk to my child about marijuana? When connecting with a child or young person in your life about marijuana, it’s important to remember:
• Not to lecture – listen and understand their perceptions of marijuana
• Be clear about your position
• Let them know that this is a health concern
• Avoid focusing on punishment
For more information visit the Marijuana Resource Center HERE.
Are weed and marijuana the same thing?
It sounds confusing but weed is the same thing as marijuana/marihuana, along with cannabis, pot, hashish, kush, Mary Jane, 420, ganja, dope, green, cheeba, bud, reefer, chronic, puff, sticky icky, and wacky tobaccy (or whacky tabacky).
Cannabis is an addictive drug that’s particularly harmful to developing adolescent brains. Teens that consume it have poorer life outcomes on a number of measures. They have more mental health disorders, including depression, anxiety, and psychosis. As a group, they complete less school and are more likely to be unemployed or underemployed than their peers.
~ Dr. Sharon Levy
Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Director of Adolescent Substance Use & Addiction Program at Boston Children’s Hospital
Cannabis Use And Mental Health Study:
Researchers who looked at the health records of 6.9 million people found that marijuana use was associated with much higher rates of mental illness in young men, including a startling 30% of cases of schizophrenia.
“Young males might be particularly susceptible to the effects of cannabis on schizophrenia. At a population level, assuming causality, one-fifth of cases of schizophrenia among young males might be prevented by averting CUD. Results highlight the importance of early detection and treatment of CUD and policy decisions regarding cannabis use and access, particularly for 16–25-year-olds.”
Find out more at:
Desperate Parents Trying To Find Teen Mental Health Services:
Shortage of mental health services for teens forces parents to take desperate measures. Watch now.
* * *
For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness
Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And Parents
* https://youtu.be/rMW3s2z9oss * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://twitter.com/brokeymcpoverty/status/1017098515347066880 * * * What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in...
* The areas in which a human self-sabotages himself or herself on a daily basis are endless. Judgement, anxiety, fear, regret, stress, shame, grace, expectations, perfection, self-doubt, bias, vices, time management etc. and so much more. * Cultivate...
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJ3Es4R3ag * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.themarginalian.org/2020/05/17/yes-to-life-in-spite-of-everything-viktor-frankl/...
* Part I: Why Practice Meditation: Find it HERE. * How To Purify The Mind: The philosophy of Vedanta teaches us that perfection is our true nature. But, if we're inherently perfect why don't we feel that way at all times. As we have discussed,...
* The question that often arises about meditation is why meditate? For that we have to understand the essence of Vedanta: Aham Brahmasmi - My nature is infinite. If that is true, how can we prove it? We often use identification theory to understand the world...
* Continued From Part II: Check it out HERE. * For Many Tiktok Needs No Introduction: In this attention economy, there's no bigger lure for children, teens and adults like Tiktok. It's an app that promises to showcase your creativity serving it up...
* Continued From Part I: Check it out HERE. * Discovering On Snapchat: Yes, we are in the digital age, and kids will have to find ways for social integration online. Yes, it is inevitable. But, one of the most useless apps on the planet can be...
Part I: Part II: Part III: Part IV: For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group?...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!