YDDO – You Don’t Die Once
A Poem On Redemption
Unless you’re a mid-lifer like me,
This poem ain’t gonna hold your attention.
Now let’s begin.
Yes, it is possible.
Yes, I said it’s possible to press reset
Many times over.
Seek your truth every new day
As you bathe in the golden hour.
Can’t rip up the newspapers,
But surely can pause those notifications.
Don’t tell yourself one more time,
That you love your office desk.
Who are you kidding,
You’re only here to fire your previous self.
Stop rooting for that cause,
And change the color of the ribbon on your car.
Who knew some crazy mother f*cker,
Will become trigger happy seeing your child.
You traded the slaughter for a plant,
And now Bose* says even they have feelings.
Sadly, you must still reach for the pear,
Instead of the pringle.
Board that flight to see the old man’s body,
Forgive yourself for not being there early.
At least now, look for that friend’s number,
And please don’t swipe a million times to the left.
Wash that shirt off the floor,
Throw away that dirty straw mat.
Subtract what you got, plus don’t click to buy,
Find out what truly matters.
Walk away, enough. She picked up and crashed
The red hibiscus that reminds you of your mom.
Ignore the unforgiveable and the vain,
Believe in karma to rule its reign.
You can still day dream for the unthinkable,
And leave the mundane to sort itself out.
In a way,
Every new idea can be help redeem.
Your body count will increase,
But you will find someone new in the mirror.
Yes, do it. Reset. Life’s a game changer,
You don’t die just once.
* Bose: This refers to the book, The Nervous Mechanism of Plants By Jagadish Chandra Bose
Originally composed on: 04/11/2023 9:30pm
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Poetry lies its way to the truth. ~ John Ciardi
* The embers remind me of my body,These logs with their withered skin,Are turning into ash as I watch. The same crackling noisesThat my fat will make,When I will burn along the Ganga. Most people want to live a 100 yearsYet, not know what to do on a lazy Sunday...
* Not where the musk of happiness blows,Not where darkness and fears never tread;Not in the homes of perpetual smiles,Nor in the heaven of a land of prosperityWould I be bornIf I must put on mortal garb once more. Dread famine may prowl and tear my...
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam I will either find a way, or make one. Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* As you slip and fall, my thoughts are along with you atop the death train – la bestia. A smiling young man you were, one second ago,the next – a limp body in the overgrown unworn path.A heatstroke at 16 has sent you home sooner than you wished for. But is any...
* Great Ways To Write A Poem: 1. A great poem must inspire every reader to act.2. It should feel relevant, and the concept must have universal appeal.3. It’s a piece of art, so show your uniqueness with it.4. Life’s already a huge puzzle, so don’t lead your...
On How To Write. “To me, a short story is a conversation between writer and reader, since only the writer can speak, she must take care to respect the reader, to avoid telling him what to think, to say as little as possible and imply the rest with metaphor,...
Poetry “How do one see the big picture and hold the world’s pain, and at the same time see all of the bright edges of joy? I think that’s at the center of my question.”~ Poet Ada Limón Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
* "I write for kids, and kids tend to be optimists. Even when the book has a dark theme, it's always through the eyes of a fictional hero, a young person with integrity, someone a reader can identify with and in turn find a kind of integrity and power in...
* Just A String Of Words? A good poem demands the dignity to be understood. History repeats in its resounding words. Repetition is a poem's strongest flavors. Poems are words with life because they're current and most urgent with their message to humanity. Yet,...
* Before you think you can put a finger on love, Think of the time you saw the size of the butter stickin your mother's pie. Think about how all your life,you'll work hard enough to make your mother proud,Yet, you'll look up to see if the whole world has taken...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!