Friends of Disabled Adults and Children
They help build wheelchair ramps.
Address: 4900 Lewis Rd, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
Habitat for Humanity:
Working To Create Access For Everyone:
Our mission is to provide no-cost home repairs to low-income senior, veteran, and disabled senior homeowners to keep them warm, safe, and dry.
Search and connect to support. Financial assistance, food pantries, medical care, and other free or reduced-cost help starts here:
United Way Worldwide:
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
Call 211 for help to connect with local resources using United Way.
Do you need help for yourself or a loved one?
American Cancer Society:
We are improving the lives of people with cancer and their families as the only organization combating cancer through advocacy, research, and patient support, to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer.
Acts Outreach of Georgia:
Saint Vincent de Paul Charities:
Call the local St. Vincent de Paul Charity.
“Just” People, Inc:
“Just” People Inc is a private non-profit organization that provides a wide variety of support services to adults with developmental disabilities.
Sunshine on a Ranney Day:
Sunshine on a Ranney Day reimagines and builds custom rooms for children with special needs in the greater Atlanta area.
Advocating for human rights, not special rights.
Home Strong USA:
HomeStrong USA launched the HomeStrong’s Heroes Home Repair Grant Program in 2014. This Veteran home repair program brings immediate attention to active duty and veteran homeowners.
Adaptive Living Partners:
Home Modifications To Accommodate Changing Needs of Elderly and Disabled
If nothing else works, contact the Department of Family and Services in the county where they reside. Ask to speak with someone in adult services. They may know of services available in the area. Also might be helpful, the city’s volunteer fire department and local churches who might know of resources.
The local churches might have wheelchair brigades, Pass the Salt ministries that deliver meals to the elderly or disabled two days a week. They might also have a House of Care which take care of clothing and household items for those in need. For veterans, call nearby VA Clinics. Contact Medicare to see if you can get any help with reimbursement. Goodwill Services may help.
Rental, Food And Mental Health Crisis Resources In Atlanta:
Georgia Mental Health Hotlines:
If you are experiencing an emergency, please seek immediate assistance and/or call 911. For your convenience, some
resources are listed below.
Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL)
Help is available 24/7 for problems with mental health, drugs, or alcohol. This call center has the capacity to screen and assess callers for intensity of service response.
(Behavioral Health Link-Single Point of Entry)
75 Piedmont Ave., NE Ste. 256 Atlanta, GA 30303
Find important Food, Shelter and other mental health services HERE.
GLOBAL Mental Health Crisis Hotlines:
Find them HERE.
NOTE: FutureSTRONG Academy does not own the resource that has been provided here.
* * *
For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness
Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And Parents
* Our Love And Hate Relationship With Tech: Technology is a complex thing. On the one hand, the ability of being anonymous, makes it difficult to track who's doing what. On the other hand, you can't be your most vulnerable self on it, because there are...
* EYE HUNGER Eye hunger is triggered by food that you see. It can be other people who are eating, food that you see on the table or counter, seeing adverts, recipes and pictures of food. Other examples are food displays in delis, markets, restaurants or...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* Talk about a global impact! The thousands of meals packaged at your Rise Against Hunger Experience will provide nourishment for those who need it most. In Gokwe North, Zimbabwe, there was a school dropout rate of 40% due to socioeconomic challenges from low...
* https://youtu.be/GvRJfkE928M * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: The Impact of Pornography on Children's Minds: Main Article: https://www.thefp.com/p/why-are-our-fourth-graders-on-pornhub Other Cited Works:...
* Part III: Continued from PART III HERE. * Cutting And Pain Relief: Addiction is like chasing an obsession. People often can't think of a way out of it. "Saying stop it," won't work. People will always go back to their symptom relieving ways if...
* Part II: Continued from PART II HERE. * Signs Of Mental Health Issues: For some anxiety can be the "force that's pushing me about everything that's wrong." Then there's the sexual assault horrors that we are made aware of. "My ex boyfriend...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!