The Yogic Guide To Goal Setting:
Kalpana and Vikalpa are two words that are derived from the word Kalpa that means imaginative creation. Vikalpa refers to our imagination or fantasy. It is daydreaming, or thinking of things that don’t exist.
Another word that’s derived from the same root Kalpa is Sankalpa which means to set a good intention. San means “to become one with” and kalpa means “time” and “subconscious mind.” It is taking a resolve to do something.
Why have Sankalpa? So, our attention doesn’t get diffused chasing things that don’t matter. So we don’t get confused and disullioned with our priorities (Vikalpa)
When our attention gets diluted, we don’t put full force behind our end goals. From Vikalpa, we must lead ourselves to Sankalpa. Here’s a yogic’s guide to do that.
Before embarking on any project, ask yourself:
1. What is that I want?
2. How am I measuring success / end result.
3. What do I need to stop doing in order to stay focused?
4. What are the competing priorities and how can I address them?
* * *
The Ultimate Guide To Personal And Professional Goal Setting
And How To Do It Well
* The areas in which a human self-sabotages himself or herself on a daily basis are endless. Judgement, anxiety, fear, regret, stress, shame, grace, expectations, perfection, self-doubt, bias, vices, time management etc. and so much more. * Cultivate...
* Our Brains On Risks And Rewards: There are two aspects to our brain when it comes to trying out new things. One of them is the activation system and the other is the inhibition system. The activation system encourages us to do things based on potential...
* As humans, we all want to succeed, but often times, we don’t seem to know where to start. First let's establish a workable definition of success. Here’s my definition: “Success” is about working hard consistently, making difficult choices and outlasting my...
* We've all seen the naughty kids, the tantrum throwers and the belligerent ones. But, here's the thing though. Children are not aware of or able to articulate the real reasons behind their actions, especially if they have behavioral and emotional difficulties....
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
* Touch improves everything and can relieve us from a lot of miseries. It’s a physical need like sleep, exercise, and relationships and has the following benefits: • Touch strengthens our immune system significantly, while a lack thereof weakens it...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!