Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs:
For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this article by FutureSTRONG Academy, we’ll explore a few tried and tested strategies young entrepreneurs should follow to launch a business.
I. Write a Great Business Plan:
A business plan is a foundational document for any business that covers information related to all important aspects such as product offerings, customer research, marketing, and more, as reported by Info Entrepreneurs. Additionally, it is a critical document for attracting funding from private or institutional investors. To write a great business plan, follow these steps:
Write a Mission Statement:
HubSpot notes that a mission statement summarizes the broad goals of the business, and how it plans to achieve them and serve customers. This statement will serve as a guide for all important business decisions in the future.
Identify Your Niche:
Conduct thorough market research to find your niche i.e. a select group of customers to whom you can sell your product offerings. Next, you’ll need to further define your ideal target customer, find who your competitors are, and devise ways to stand out.
Hone in on Product Offerings:
Your business plan should include in-depth information regarding your product offerings such as the manufacturing process, price range, selling mediums, and more.
II. Find the Best Funding Option:
Running a business requires constant investment, hence finding the right funding option is crucial for your short and long-term success. Here are a few of the best funding options for young entrepreneurs:
As Investopedia points out, this strategy requires you to self-fund the business through savings or personal credit. If you have to run a business such as starting a blog or selling homemade goods, this is a great option.
For business ideas that require a fair share of investment, business loans are a good option to consider. With a great business plan and a good credit score, you can secure favorable repayment terms and use the funds to grow your business.
These are wealthy individuals looking to invest in companies in the early stages. Along with money, working with angel investors can be a great learning experience as well. However, it will come at the cost of equity and in some cases, control over company decisions, as reported by Intuit.
III. Choose the Best Business Structure:
Choosing the right business structure is an important decision as it will affect how you’ll be taxed and the freedom to make certain decisions. Here are a few prominent business structures to choose from:
By default, all businesses are considered sole proprietorships, however, they leave entrepreneurs open to the risk of unlimited liability in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Limited Liability Company:
This is a great option for young entrepreneurs as it protects their personal assets and finances from business-related liabilities. Additionally, in an LLC you’ll pay taxes only once through your personal income tax filing, overcoming the drawback of double taxation which comes with a C corp.
Those planning to start a business with a partner should enter into a limited liability partnership, as it provides similar protections to an LLC, but each partner is liable for a share of business liabilities.
IV. Learn How to Network:
Networking is a key skill to learn for any young entrepreneur as it can open doors to new opportunities and connect you with industry leaders who can serve as mentors throughout your career. The best way to improve your networking skills is to attend local networking events and business talks.
Additionally, you can tap into your personal network as well, if it includes fellow entrepreneurs or useful contacts. If you want to get in touch with former schoolmates or colleagues, use this search engine to find their latest contact information.
Turning a great idea into a successful business will be a long process, however rather than focusing on the distant future channel your efforts towards creating a great business plan, followed by choosing a viable funding option. When it comes to connecting with individuals, attend local events and conduct online research to get in touch with old connections.
FutureSTRONG Academy, wants to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away. Connect with us today to learn more! Call 678.310.5025.
Article Author: Poppy Williams
* * *
About The Article Author:
To be added.
* * *
Build Your Business
Find out how to turn your passion into what a gig that pays.
* The Evolution Of Work: The workforce is going to be impacted by three major areas of change and growth. Workforce transformation: From Baby boomers to Gen Z, there are many generations now in the workforce working next to each other. Tech modernization And...
* Not Just A Hobby: You’re passionate about gaming and don’t want it to be just a hobby. You’re dreaming of creating your own video game and launching a career in the gaming industry. You’re not alone — millions of gamers around the world are in the same boat!...
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
* Courage is a topic close to my heart. Ask me , I am business owner. Every day, I feel vulnerable and weak as an entrepreneur. But, being a small business owner has taught me a few things. It has taught me the courage to be imperfect. It has made me do what I...
* Teachers Need To Keep Pace: Kids today grow up with technology integrated into their lives. This can cause challenges for educators trying to make science, technology, engineering, and math exciting instead of something mundane. Today’s tips from...
* Starting A Non-Profit: Our kids are the future. What they do during childhood should be the teaching ground to enable them to become strong, well-rounded adults. At FutureSTRONG Academy, we want to see children thrive using the innovativeness of technology...
* Skills Teens Need: One of the primary goals of parenting is to raise kids that become wise consumers and successful contributors to society. To do that, you must teach them about adulthood, especially once they reach their teenage years. Along with teaching...
* If you need to generate extra income for any reason, working a side gig is a great option. You don't need a lot of training or qualifications to work a side gig, so this is a good way to replace income if you have lost your job or been unemployed for a long...
* The Art Of Self-Discipline: Have you ever considered designing an in-home martial arts studio? Perhaps your kids have always been passionate about martial arts, or maybe you’re just brainstorming ways to help members of your family live a healthier lifestyle...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!