All this is Brahman. Everything comes from Brahman, everything goes back to Brahman, and everything is sustained by Brahman. ~ Chandogya Upanishad
Thoughts On Hinduism:
The really poor man is not the one who lacks money, but he who lacks the joy of the heart. ~ Swami Tapovan Maharaj
To work, alone, you are entitled, never to its fruit. Neither let your motive be the fruit of action, nor let your attachment be to non-action. ~ The Bhagavad Gita ~ Chapter 2 Verse 47, translated by Swami Nikhilananda
We have the ability to create sorrow for ourselves, so it means we also have the ability to create joy in our lives. ~ Dalai Lama
Satyam bruyat priyam bruyat. Na bruyat satyam apriyam. Priyam cha nanrutham bruyat. Esha dharmah sanatanah. ~ Say the truth that is pleasant. Don’t say the truth if it is unpleasant. Also, never say any untruth even if it’s pleasant. This is the eternal dharma.
Thirty spokes converge upon a single hub;
It is on the hole in the center that the use of the cart hinges.
We make a vessel from a lump of clay;
It is the empty space within the vessel that makes it useful.
We make doors and windows for a room;
But it is these empty spaces that make the room livable.
Thus, while the tangible has advantages,
It is the intangible that makes it useful.
~ Lao Tzu
All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark. ~ Swami Vivekananda
One that starts the day we’re born, and the other starts the day we realize we have only one life. ~ Confucious
To observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
That state of simplest form of awareness alone, is worthy of seeing, hearing, contemplating and realizing. ~ The Upanishads
Knowing others is intelligence
Knowing yourself is true wisdom
Mastering others is strength
Mastering yourself is true power. ~ Lao Tzu
Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible in us be found. ~ Pema Chödrön
What is the best way to spend 1 hour: take a nap:
What is the best way to spend 1 day: go for a hike
What is the best way to spend 1 month: vacation, honeymoon: sharing the journey
What is the best way to spend 1 year: inherit a fortune
What is the best way to spend lifetime: help others, know thyself.
~ Chinese proverb
You can see and hear with your eyes and ears, but you can’t experience anything without the presence of mind. ~ Swami Vivekananda
Water the roots, not fruits. ~ Sant Kabir
We have, in my view, created a society in which people find it harder and harder to show one another basic affection. In place of the sense of community and belonging, which we find such a reassuring feature of less wealthy (and generally rural) societies, we find a high degree of loneliness and alienation. Despite the fact that millions live in close proximity to one another, it seems that many people, especially among the old, have no one to talk to but their pets. Modern industrial society often strikes me as being like a huge self-propelled machine. Instead of human beings in charge, each individual is a tiny, insignificant component with no choice but to move when the machine moves. ~ The Dalai Lama, Ethics For The Millennium
When I let go of what I am I become what I might be. ~ Lao Tzu
Carry a portable paradise with you at all times. ~ Paramahamsa Yogananda
The Brahman forms everything that is living or non-living. The wise man knows that all beings are identical with his self, and his self is the self of all beings. ~ Isha Upanishad
Books For Understanding Modern India And Its Vedic History:
Find them HERE.
The wise neither grieve for the dead nor for the living. I myself never was not, nor thus, nor all the princes of the earth; nor shall we ever hereafter cease to be. ~ Bhagavad Gita
* * *
About Sanatana Dharma
* EYE HUNGER Eye hunger is triggered by food that you see. It can be other people who are eating, food that you see on the table or counter, seeing adverts, recipes and pictures of food. Other examples are food displays in delis, markets, restaurants or...
* What The Scriptures Say: A mantra is a potent spiritual sound formula. A mystical sound which not only enchants the mind and helps to make it single-pointed and concentrated, but also being pregnant with ideas, helps purify the mind as well as reveal to us...
* The lotus is the symbol of truth, auspiciousness and beauty (satyam, shivam, sundaram). The Lord is also that nature and therefore, His various aspects are compared to a lotus (i.e. lotus-eyes, lotus feet, lotus hands, the lotus of the heart etc.). The lotus...
* Gunas: Our Vehicles Of Devotion: The Sanskrit word “guna” means attribute. These “attributes” serve as a powerful indicator and formulator of the physical principles of the earth. The concept of guna, is one of the more important teachings from India. These...
* Towards the end of every ritualistic worship (pooja or bhajan) of God or to welcome an honored guest or saint, we perform the aarati. This is always accompanied by the ringing of the bell and sometimes by singing, playing of musical instruments and clapping. It is...
* What Is Atman: Atman or Brahman is Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute. It is different from the gross, subtle and causal bodies. It transcends the five sheaths (Pancha Koshas). It is the witness of the three states: waking, dreaming and...
* Navagrahas is also Nine Powers of Cosmic Energy of Universe as "Nine Astronomical Bodies" also built separate temples for each of them thousands of years ago when western and many other countries were striving in the dark ages. They have built Navagraha...
* Rituals And Meanings: A Hindu marriage comprises several meaningful rituals. Each such marriage ritual has varying degrees of significance. The most important of them all is the Saptapadi or the Seven Steps which the couple takes together after tying the...
* No two people react to the same situation in a similar way. Here are examples of two legendary personalities who were faced with a very similar situation, but thier responses were diagonally apart. One has been elevated but the other only recognised. It's in...
* Of all the Mantras, the most powerful and the significant one is the single -syllabled incantation called the Pranava. This is the "OM". The word "OM" has been taken as a symbol and as an aid to the meditation by spiritual aspirants. It is accepted both as...
* Thoughtful Quotes From The Gita: He who has faith has wisdom;Who lives in self-harmony,Whose faith is his life;And he who finds wisdom,Soon finds the peace Supreme.—The Bhagavad Gita As a man can drink water from any side of a full tank, so the skilled...
* Gita Chapter 17 Verse 7: ఆహారస్త్వపి సర్వస్య త్రివిధో భవతి ప్రియః | యజ్ఞస్తపస్తథా దానం తేషాం భేదమిమం శృణు || *ప్రతి పదార్థం* ఆహారః - ఆహారము; తు – నిశ్చయముగా; అపి – కూడా; సర్వస్య – ఎల్లవారికిని; త్రివిధః - మూడువిధములైనది; భవతి – అగును; ప్రియః - ప్రియము; యజ్ఞః...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!