Understanding Information And Knowledge:
Knowledge is becoming cheaper and less important. In the near future, nobody will hire us because of what we know. We will be hired for our abilities to think, create and solve problems with what we know.
So, in this digital age of information overload, there is a greater need to teach our children how to process information and how to make sense of it.
3 Ways We Acquire Knowledge:
Generally, we assume information is knowledge. Here are ways we understand the world around us.
1. Direct perception: We use our 5 senses to understand the color, form, sound, taste and smell of objects. All other information is based on perception.
Direct perception + logic to know -> intellect.
For example, if the roads are wet, we infer that it must have rained this morning.
3. Verbal testimony:
Direct perception and authority of written and spoken word
Books, tv, news, teachers, medium.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. ~ Stephen Hawking
How To Organize Knowledge?
Remember the acronym CODE.
Type A: Divergence:
Type B: Convergence:
~ The Second Brain By Michael D. Gershon
Degrees And Certifications Be Gone:
According to research of the World Economic Forum in 2016, 65 percent of students who start primary school will eventually work in jobs that don’t even exist yet. The most in-demand professions or specialties “do not exist in many industries and nations, and the speed of change is poised to increase.”
Work in the future won’t depend on degrees and certificates. It will center more and more on skills and how you perform when rubber meets the road. And no institution — not Harvard, not General Assembly, not Udacity — can ever protect us from the unpredictable nature of technology advancement and upheaval.
Too frequently, degrees are still seen to be permanent indicators of professional competence. They frequently perpetuate the delusion that work — and the knowledge it necessitates — is static, leading to a false sense of security. It isn’t.
So, our journey towards our future starts with this. No matter how we gather information, we must always ask ourselves if these sources are keeping us well informed and objective? We must question the perceived truth that these sources to understand the true essence of what is happening in reality.
What Is The Future Of Remote Work?
* * *
The Future Of Work Is Now
The Non-Cognitive Skills Needed For The Future, Our Hybrid Work Life And Much More
If you’re not careful you can follow your passion right into poverty. ~ Srini Rao
* What Is STEM? According to Live Science, STEM is a combination of four academic disciplines: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These are critical to a child’s education and later adult development. While children tend to believe that...
* The Evolution Of Work: The workforce is going to be impacted by three major areas of change and growth. Workforce transformation: From Baby boomers to Gen Z, there are many generations now in the workforce working next to each other. Tech modernization And...
* When sitting, the electrical activity in our leg muscles shuts off, calorie consumption drops to one per minute, enzymes breaking down fat decrease by 90 percent and good cholesterol drops by approximately ten percent per hour of sitting. Sounds pretty...
* What Is Swatting: Swatting is the action or practice of making a prank call to emergency services in an attempt to bring about the dispatch of a large number of armed police officers to a particular address. “Swatting” is defined as a false report of an...
* What is CODING? • Code is the language of technology.• Code is what runs apps.• Code is what sent the Curiosity Rover to Mars.• Code is what's inside drones that sprayed Disinfectant on streets that were too dangerous for humans to walk around during Covid....
* Developing A Range Of Essential Life Skills: Helping children learn new skills is an essential part of their growth and development. Not only are the benefits of skill development immediate but what kids acquire at an early age can also be brought well into...
* Not Just A Hobby: You’re passionate about gaming and don’t want it to be just a hobby. You’re dreaming of creating your own video game and launching a career in the gaming industry. You’re not alone — millions of gamers around the world are in the same boat!...
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!