I reached the pinnacle of #success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success. However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, my wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.
At this moment, lying on my bed and recalling my life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in have paled, and become meaningless in the face of my death.
You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you, but you cannot have someone bear your sickness for you.
Material things lost can be found or replaced. But there is one thing that can never be found when it’s lost. Life.
Whichever stage in life you’re in right now, with time, you will face the day when the curtain falls.
Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends.
Treat yourself well and cherish others. As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we realize that a $3000 or a $30 watch both tell the same time.
You will realize that your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.
Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down—you go down with it.
Therefore, I hope you realize, when you have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, who you chat with, laugh with, talk with, sing with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth, that is true happiness.
Don’t educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy.
So when they grow up they will know the value of things and not the price.
Eat your food as your medicine, otherwise, you have to eat medicine as your food.
The One who loves you will never leave you for another because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he or she will find a reason to hold on.
There is a big difference between a human being and being human. Only a few really understand it. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die.
In between, you have to manage.
The six best doctors in the world are sunlight, rest, exercise, diet, self-confidence, and friends. Maintain them in all stages and enjoy a healthy life.
These words are often attributed to Steve Jobs as something he said while he knew that he was dying of terminal illness.
Whether these are his words or not, they really are a true essence of what life is all about. Aren’t they?
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
COMMITMENT - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COMMITMENT as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Out How To Live An Optimal Life
Wellbeing is a sum of: Autonomy, Purpose, Connectedness.
* The Perfect Harmony: A person's state is said to be in perfect harmony if they are able to balance, both Aahaara - Eating and Vihaara - Resting. Aahara is for the body whereas Vihaara is for the mind. Our personal and professional wellbeing depends on our...
* 1. Forget changing others, ask yourself how and what you can do better starting now.2. Do more of what your heart wants, especially if it benefits others too.3. Think legacy and your positive impact on the world long after you're gone.4. Let go of people if...
How To Live An Optimal Life Wellbeing is a sum of: Autonomy, Purpose, Connectedness. Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* Here are the best excerpts about creating a culture of trust at home and work. How and when does Servant Leadership work best? * Emotional Bank Account: In the book on Principle-Centered Leadership, Stephen R. Covey identifies his use of the...
Our Deep Connection To Nature And Its Influence On Us. Things We Must Learn From The Native Tribe Of Lakota.
* 1) When the heart went away from nature, it became hard. The lack of respect for nature’s softening influences soon led to lack of respect for humanity. 2 Knowledge was in all things. The world was a library and its books were the animals, the birds, the...
* Lessons Of Mindfulness From Nature: Like the water drop, let's learn to enjoy the present moment. If the water drop were to think of itself as on the verge of crashing to the ground, it will miss its "now" - which is still, balanced and breathtaking. We all...
* The Qualities Of Successful People: The two most important ingredients of unimaginable success are consistent focus and passion towards our desired outcomes. Success is the coming together of self-discipline, talent, intelligence, strength and motivation....
* Why Talk About Values: Each day, we face decisions that test our patience, our integrity, character and even our peace of mind. When the going gets tough, our values are what will help us continue on our mission. Values are principles that can guide our...
* What Is Self Efficacy: Let me first describe the quality of self-efficacy. It is a learnable mindset that makes people believe that they can accomplish what they've set out to do. When we adopt this trait, we are able to set our sights higher, try harder and...
* Why We Fail: Many of us carry a wrong perception of failure. We often take it as a final sign before we give up on our goals and aspirations. We see it as an irreversible milestone that has put a stop to our forward momentum. What we don't realize is that...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!