I reached the pinnacle of #success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success. However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, my wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.
At this moment, lying on my bed and recalling my life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in have paled, and become meaningless in the face of my death.
You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you, but you cannot have someone bear your sickness for you.
Material things lost can be found or replaced. But there is one thing that can never be found when it’s lost. Life.
Whichever stage in life you’re in right now, with time, you will face the day when the curtain falls.
Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends.
Treat yourself well and cherish others. As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we realize that a $3000 or a $30 watch both tell the same time.
You will realize that your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.
Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down—you go down with it.
Therefore, I hope you realize, when you have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, who you chat with, laugh with, talk with, sing with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth, that is true happiness.
Don’t educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy.
So when they grow up they will know the value of things and not the price.
Eat your food as your medicine, otherwise, you have to eat medicine as your food.
The One who loves you will never leave you for another because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he or she will find a reason to hold on.
There is a big difference between a human being and being human. Only a few really understand it. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die.
In between, you have to manage.
The six best doctors in the world are sunlight, rest, exercise, diet, self-confidence, and friends. Maintain them in all stages and enjoy a healthy life.
These words are often attributed to Steve Jobs as something he said while he knew that he was dying of terminal illness.
Whether these are his words or not, they really are a true essence of what life is all about. Aren’t they?
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
COMMITMENT - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COMMITMENT as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Out How To Live An Optimal Life
Wellbeing is a sum of: Autonomy, Purpose, Connectedness.
* Think Big But Start Small: Life's too short to play small. But, the overwhelm about any upcoming deadline or an audacious goal is often because we think we have to get it done all once. However, that doesn't have to be the case. We can learn to break down the...
* It's hilarious if not outrageous that I sat on this article for so long. Talk about the irony. Procrastinating about editing an article on procrastination. The idea is simple to explain really. I start my day with the greatest determination of all days past...
* What Is Self Efficacy: The American Psychological Association defines Self-efficacy this way. "Self-efficacy refers to an individual's belief in his or her capacity to execute behaviors necessary to produce specific performance attainments (Bandura, 1977,...
* Recover Fast And Often: If you want to be a productivity machine, there are few things you will have to consider. The first one is the obvious mindset change. That, even if we get distracted for a few moments in a day, all is not lost. We literally can...
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
* There are 4 major repercussions of over use of technology. 1. Increase in anxiety.2. Decrease in our ability to attend and focus for extended periods of time.3. Boredom.4. New found ability to be unable to talk to anyone face to face. ~ Dr. Larry Rosen,...
* Not Surviving But Thriving: We all want to be our best selves. But how do we get there? It starts with small changes that can make a big difference. Here are some tips for finding optimal wellness through self-improvement. This listicle will sure fire charge...
* In the book, Drive, author Daniel Pink says that our intrinsic motivation is determined by our autonomy, competency and relatedness. When we feel like we have a stake in something or understand why we have to do what we have to do, that increases our...
* A World Of Suffering? If our lives were stories, we would all live in a world where we would create problems, resolve conflicts and come up with some spectacular solutions. We would give the protagonist a world of suffering to endure and make sure he/she...
* The Perfect Harmony: A person's state is said to be in perfect harmony if they are able to balance, both Aahaara - Eating and Vihaara - Resting. Aahara is for the body whereas Vihaara is for the mind. Our personal and professional wellbeing depends on our...
* 1. Forget changing others, ask yourself how and what you can do better starting now.2. Do more of what your heart wants, especially if it benefits others too.3. Think legacy and your positive impact on the world long after you're gone.4. Let go of people if...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!