Crossing The Barrier Of Learning:
Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults in their homes.
- A kind teacher must be prepared and be ready to address any learning barriers children might have.
- We must help the child understand the importance of connecting their current learning and its relevance to the real world applications.
- A caring teaching must ensure that the child is cared for and that someone is invested in their potential for learning.
- Our community must come together to help children receive positive feedback to feel supported in their peer group as well as in the outside world.
The Science Of Effective Learning:
Shana Carpenter, a professor of psychology at Iowa State University, has led research for a paper for the publication, Nature Reviews Psychology. Researchers, along with her, have examined more than 100 years of research on learning. The role of metacognition – learners’ awareness and regulation of their own learning, is also discussed.
“The benefits of spacing and retrieval practice have been confirmed over and over in studies in labs, classrooms, workplaces, but the reason why we’re showcasing this research is because these two techniques haven’t fully caught on. If they were utilized all the time, we’d see drastic increases in learning.”
Spacing is a strategy to learn in small doses over time. It’s the opposite of cramming the night before an exam.
Retrieval practice is a strategy that involves recalling what was learned previously. It can take many forms, including flash cards, practice tests, and open-ended writing prompts, and helps learners recognize what they do and don’t know.
Using Learning Styles To Your Benefit:
Ivy Panda has created this free guide that practical examples of using different learning approaches in education to ensure maximum efficiency. It also has great infographics that help to improve the learning experience and outcomes of children and adults.
Find it HERE.
How To Drive Curiosity And Engagement In Classrooms:
Read it HERE.
Distance or Personalized, Here’s How to Succeed at Any Learning:
Read it HERE.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Inside The Ideal 21st Century Classroom
Scrum Master | Agile Coach | PMP Certification Exam Prep And Interview – Questions And Answers Part III
* Continued From Part II HERE * Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: What are the different sizing and estimation techniques in project management?ANS: See it's very difficult to estimate anything accurately, to tell...
Scrum Master | Agile Coach | PMP Certification Exam Prep And Interview – Questions And Answers Part II
* Continued From Part I HERE * Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: What is gold plating and how can we prevent it?ANS: In a project when the work done after a point of time becomes irrelevant to an extent, whether...
* Continued From Part II: Check it out HERE. * For Many Tiktok Needs No Introduction: In this attention economy, there's no bigger lure for children, teens and adults like Tiktok. It's an app that promises to showcase your creativity serving it up...
* Continued From Part I: Check it out HERE. * Discovering On Snapchat: Yes, we are in the digital age, and kids will have to find ways for social integration online. Yes, it is inevitable. But, one of the most useless apps on the planet can be...
Below are three nationally recognized Career Technology Student Organizations (CTSO’s). Learn about each of them below: * FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America: FBLA is the largest Career and Technical Student Organization in the world...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!