Why Do Conflicts Occur:
Let us understand why we get into conflicts. With those older than us, we tend to see them as out of touch, slow and just not relevant. With those who are younger than us, we tend to see them as risk magnets, aggressive and lacking maturity.
We fight with our family because they are easily accessible to us. They are simply there, so it becomes easy to get into an argument with them over often inconsequential things. When family members question each other it’s easy to take it personally and assume a wrong accusatory intent behind their question.
The point is, most people mean well. Even absolute strangers to us don’t want to suffer unnecessarily or intentionally harm us. And this is a good assumption to have, especially since we are becoming an increasingly global world of different cultures and regions.
But, have we ever thought to look at anything or anyone without judgment, criticism and analysis. After all, nothing is as bad or as good as it looks.
Four Typical Attitudes:
Conflicts occur when one individual desires one thing while another wants something different. How well are you able to settle a dispute? It greatly depends on your attitude. Here are four different attitudes and how each one settles a dispute.
1. Aggressive: You LOSE/I WIN:
These kind of people never yield. It is not enough for them to just win, they also make sure that the other person loses.
2. Passive-Aggressive: You LOSE/I LOSE:
These kind of people give in most of the time, but find a method to undermine the other person. As long as the other person loses as well, it doesn’t really matter if they win.
3. Passive: I LOSE/You WIN.
These kind of people usually give in. They disregard what they want in order to maintain the calm.
4. Assertive: I WIN/You WIN
These kind of people compromise to get the most of what each party desires. Although they strongly advocate for themselves, they also want the other party to be happy.
5 Conflict Management Styles:
So, how do you resolve and handle disputes? What style do you use to manage conflicts? According to Thomas and Kilman, at least one of the following five tactics is frequently used to handle conflict:
The Thomas-Kilman conflict styles paradigm is depicted in this diagram. A person’s behavior can be classified along two categories in this model: assertiveness and cooperativeness. The degree to which someone makes an effort to allay their own worries is referred to as assertiveness. The degree to which one works to allay the anxieties of the other is referred to as cooperation.
How Mindfulness Helps:
The best antidote to conflict is being mindful. Instead of being consumed by the horror of diagnosis, prediction of loss and terror, why not live in the now, as things unfold in front of our eyes. Our life is much bigger than anyone of us individually, and we must learn to deal with everyone and ensure we make things work to our mutual benefit.
In the end, let us say that the situation has become beyond reaching a middle ground. Just then, try to practice this. For a little while, let the other person be right. We have not given importance to our position/stand and given priority to our peace of mind. That way, everyone wins. The other person’s ego and our peace.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
Generation Z, Those Born Between 1995 & 2015, Has Entered The Workforce. Are They Ready For It?
* Times Are Changing: This is what we were hearing from companies in 2019 about their top 5 soft skills they needed the most. 1. Creativity2. Persuasion3. Collaboration4. Adaptability5. Time ManagementSource: LinkedIn, 2019 Times have changed post Covid, and...
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
Have You Tiktoked It Yet? This Kind Of Social, Is It Trendy Or Just Toxic?
* https://youtu.be/BbMx1n7vBeo * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Have You Tiktoked It Yet? As Found on the internet: Young people are turning to TikTok rather than Google as a search engine. ‘I’ll TikTok it’ has already...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Want To Crush It In Life? Start With These Thoughts That Will Help You Shine.
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
Free Assessments, Interview Prep and Exam Certification Study Guides For Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Project Managers
* Agile, Scrum And PMP Resources Overview: In preparation for your Scrum Master or PMP certifications, you can look at various free resources including Sample mock tests, Udemy Courses, Interview Prep Courses on YouTube and others. * Courses And Study...
The Future Of Information, Knowledge Workers And The Workspace
* Understanding Information And Knowledge: Knowledge is becoming cheaper and less important. In the near future, nobody will hire us because of what we know. We will be hired for our abilities to think, create and solve problems with what we know. So, in this...
How Coaches and Mentors Nurture Leadership Skills in Young Adults
* Who Is A Coach? Coaches are given the prospect to exercise and discover issues in a cooperative, tailored, and nuanced way. You learn to adapt to new responsibilities and challenges through coaches. In every game, the role of a coach is to ensure they...
How To Start Your Own Business, Even If You’re a Youngin’
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
Top 4 Social Media Fails That Lead Employees To Get Canned From Companies
* * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://sba.thehartford.com/managing-employees/employees-getting-canned-over-social-media/ * The Future Of Work And The Role Of Non-Cognitive Skills: Read more...
Who Are Road Scientists And How To Work In STEM As A Digital Nomad
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
The Top 3 Trends That Are Going To Shape The Future Of Work Around The World In 2023
* https://youtu.be/WArC4ZaxDxA * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/say-goodbye-to-the-9-to-5-workday-6107738/...
Reclaim Your Productivity By Going On A Digital Diet – A Rotary Club Initiative On Tech Addiction
* Digital Wellbeing Workshop: Part I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sES8nDx-MI Workshop Description: Experts in the field of addiction are divided as to whether Internet Addiction Disorder is really a true clinical dependence or simply a social...
Disconnect To Reconnect – Digital Dieting: Candid Conversation with Rachana by Girijaa D
* Digital Wellbeing Workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfcKkto1LAA Workshop Description: Are we a generation of “Digiholics” ? How is technology addiction debilitating and disruptive to our professional and personal well-being? What are the...
How Not To Live Like How You Live On Facebook (Meta) And Other Social Media Apps
* Making Friends Like On Facebook: * How To Live A Facebook-Free Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWW4LgJ_-Q * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their...
Ask A Business Owner What Courage Is. They Know A Thing Or Two About Being Relentless.
* Courage is a topic close to my heart. Ask me , I am business owner. Every day, I feel vulnerable and weak as an entrepreneur. But, being a small business owner has taught me a few things. It has taught me the courage to be imperfect. It has made me do what I...
Digital Devastation By Girijaa Deshhpande ~ A Poem On Our Collective Screen Addictions
* We live in a world inundated with devicesCooing birds, rustling leaves nothing entices. Laughter of kids at play and oldies on bench seem far offAsk some one to go with you for a walk, invite a scoff. Neighbors, friends, even own brothers pass byNo one looks...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Thought provoking article.
Thank you so much!!