The Top 5 Charisma Traits:
There are only five major personality traits: openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness and neuroticism. They make up the acronym OCEAN, and each is present to a certain extent in every person.
These traits are often referred to as the Big Five and they were identified by Dr. Lewis Goldberg in the 1980s.
O For Openness:
The first, openness, is evidenced by how you feel about and approach new ideas – by how curious and adventuresome you are. For instance, if you jump at the opportunity for travel adventures, or constantly rearrange your furniture, you’re likely to be quite open. Conversely, if you’re more into daily routines, your openness is probably limited.
C For Conscientiousness:
The second, conscientiousness, is about getting things done. Signs that you’re conscientious are a love for to-do lists and a strict schedule. However, if lists overwhelm you and you’re more into talking about big ideas than seeing them through, you probably rate lower in this category.
E For Extroversion:
Third comes extroversion, a description of how you feel around others. To figure out where you stand just consider this question: Do you draw your energy from solitude or from groups? If you gravitate toward social time, chances are you’re an extrovert; if you lean toward alone time, you’re likely not.
A For Agreeableness:
The fourth trait is agreeableness, which corresponds to your ability to work with others. This includes your capacity for trust and how well you get along with those around you. If you go out of your way to please others, you’re probably an agreeable person. People who are less agreeable tend to approach others pragmatically, rather than caringly.
N For Neuroticism:
And, finally, neuroticism is marked by a tendency to worry and a susceptibility to mood swings.
How To Gain Respect:
Be an active listener and consider the other person’s viewpoints. Be succinct and be considerate towards others’ time. Be receptive to others’ ideas and learn to acknowledge their inputs too. And follow this formula to gain respect from everyone.
- Be yourself.
- Take up challenges.
- Find your passion.
- Work on your purpose.
- Consider others as equals.
Cialdini’s 6 Principles of Influence:
- Social proof
Works Cited: The OCEAN concept has been adapted from the book, Captivate by Vanessa Van Edwards
* * *
CONFIDENCE - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CONFIDENCE as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On Unstoppable CONFIDENCE
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
* * * Please call and talk to someone. You ARE precious. * American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL): Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young people between 10 to 24. If you're anyone contemplating suicide, please know...
* The Cost Of Indecision: An average person makes around 35000 choices a day. We start our day trying to decide what to eat, a toast, a scrambled egg, a bagel or just coffee? We go to the super market to decide what we will buy from the market shelves among...
* Just how far will you abandon your authenticity to gain approval of others? Approval or authenticity. Where do you draw the line? * We can train as much and as long as we want, but unless we test it in real life, we are not turning our learning...
Should You Take A Calculated Risk Or Should You Stay In Your Comfort Zone? The Answer Lies In Your Brain.
* There are two aspects to our brain when it comes to trying out new things. One of them is the activation system and the other is the inhibition system. The activation system encourages us to do things based on potential rewards, for example like putting up...
Chasing Happiness Every Day? A Powerful Mindset Shift Can Enable Us To Capture Even This Fleeting Emotion.
* Happiness Now: There are two things that pierce the human heart - beauty and unmerited suffering. Every one of us is chasing happiness and peace in absolute terms. But, isn't it surprising that the 2nd person to the win the medal on the podium is the most...
* * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://behindtheathlete.es/en/blog/lessons-from-champions-by-pep-mari/ * * * Here Are The Steps To Massive Success Define It, Be Intentional About It, Conquer...
* Beholding Our Truth: We live in a world of fake news. Someone's breaking news, can be another person's subjective opinion, or so it seems. There's a lack of objectivity and balance in presenting facts these days. Be it personal or political news, we are more...
The Foolproof Way To A Simple Life: Lessons On Cognitive Freedom, Our Full Potential And The Next Sunrise
* The Tamed Life: We all live our lives a little like this. We're tied down to situations, people and things that give us happiness or sorrow, and we hang out with bad company sometimes. And yet, we can't seem to get out of our comfort zones. The question is,...
* The Qualities Of Successful People: The two most important ingredients of unimaginable success are consistent focus and passion towards our desired outcomes. Success is the coming together of self-discipline, talent, intelligence, strength and motivation....
Weather Any Storm. Stop Validating Your Choices, Making Excuses And Other Things That Hurt Your Confidence
* Much Ado About Self-Reliance? Someone once said, "A man who desires only what he can do for himself is really free to do whatever he pleases." This is the power of self-reliance and the power of knowing that we're the masters of our own destiny. That way we...
Great Mentors Are Authentic, Self-Aware And Inspire Others To Super Charge Their Potential. Find One Today.
* We need coaches to help us understand how to overcome obstacles. And we need them to help us to see hope where there's none. They are a special fertilizer that can revive the old soil that we're standing on, so we can plant some new ideas. They're there for...
* What Makes Up Our Personal Mind Maps? Personal mental map is made up of opinions, beliefs and assumptions. We keep updating it every day as our conclusions get challenged one way or another. Because of what we assume, we form attitudes and opinions towards...
* According to Amy Cuddy, an American Social Psychologist, this is how we size up others. We quickly answer two questions for ourselves, when we meet anyone for the first time. 1. Can I trust this person?2. Can I respect this person? Psychologists...
Now Is The Time To DecideOur mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away. I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!