The Top 5 Charisma Traits:
There are only five major personality traits: openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness and neuroticism. They make up the acronym OCEAN, and each is present to a certain extent in every person.
These traits are often referred to as the Big Five and they were identified by Dr. Lewis Goldberg in the 1980s.
O For Openness:
The first, openness, is evidenced by how you feel about and approach new ideas – by how curious and adventuresome you are. For instance, if you jump at the opportunity for travel adventures, or constantly rearrange your furniture, you’re likely to be quite open. Conversely, if you’re more into daily routines, your openness is probably limited.
C For Conscientiousness:
The second, conscientiousness, is about getting things done. Signs that you’re conscientious are a love for to-do lists and a strict schedule. However, if lists overwhelm you and you’re more into talking about big ideas than seeing them through, you probably rate lower in this category.
E For Extroversion:
Third comes extroversion, a description of how you feel around others. To figure out where you stand just consider this question: Do you draw your energy from solitude or from groups? If you gravitate toward social time, chances are you’re an extrovert; if you lean toward alone time, you’re likely not.
A For Agreeableness:
The fourth trait is agreeableness, which corresponds to your ability to work with others. This includes your capacity for trust and how well you get along with those around you. If you go out of your way to please others, you’re probably an agreeable person. People who are less agreeable tend to approach others pragmatically, rather than caringly.
N For Neuroticism:
And, finally, neuroticism is marked by a tendency to worry and a susceptibility to mood swings.
How To Gain Respect:
Be an active listener and consider the other person’s viewpoints. Be succinct and be considerate towards others’ time. Be receptive to others’ ideas and learn to acknowledge their inputs too. And follow this formula to gain respect from everyone.
- Be yourself.
- Take up challenges.
- Find your passion.
- Work on your purpose.
- Consider others as equals.
Cialdini’s 6 Principles of Influence:
- Social proof
Works Cited: The OCEAN concept has been adapted from the book, Captivate by Vanessa Van Edwards
* * *
CONFIDENCE - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CONFIDENCE as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On Unstoppable CONFIDENCE
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us...
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
* Touch improves everything and can relieve us from a lot of miseries. It’s a physical need like sleep, exercise, and relationships and has the following benefits: • Touch strengthens our immune system significantly, while a lack thereof weakens it...
* Stage 1 Developing Awareness. The motivation for change begins with a sense that we aren't fulfilling our full potential in at least one area of our life. * Stage 2 Discovery. The discovery stage is where your conscious mind has located the...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
* The Epilogue: How Personal Identity Is Formed After A Lifetime Of Complying For Othershttps://youtu.be/KhzCZh-LgO0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * The Prologue: Resolve Identity Crisis At Any Age And Make Peace With Your...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* Our True Aspirations: If I ask you what you want in life, you might say, recognition, a handsome income, and a comfortable life. But, what about the most important reason why any of the things we want in life matter? Our personal freedom. Don't believe me?...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!