The Governing Principles Of Animation:
Whenever you sit down to create 2D animation explainer videos, you will come across a bundle of elements governing Animation in general.
In the animation world, we call them the Principles of Animation. Now these are crucial for your videos because they turn your sincere efforts into magical pieces of animation.
If we talk about the animation industry, there is an endless list of 2D Animation Company studios that offer animation services.
But, how many of them stick to the foundational principles of Animation? Well, not all. If we look into it, there are approximately 12-13 Crucial principles of animation. Let’s take a look at the top 5.
I. Squash And Stretch:
It is one of the most crucial principles of 2D Animation. The application of squash and stretch exists in almost everything around us.
Irrespective of the type of explainer video you choose, this principle is present everywhere due to the elastic-like characteristic that it provides to your animation.
By using it, you can represent flexibility that your character carries in your animation.
Also, the concept of storyboarding is important here as it helps you focus on your character as per your story outline.
The act of making your audience guess what’s ahead.
While performing animation, using the principle of Anticipation provides your characters with a realistic approach.
Anticipation helps generate curiosity and suspense about the next event.
For example, adding anticipation to your athlete’s knees before he begins the race will produce excitement & thrill in your 2D animation video.
Want to give life to your character? Just use Anticipation. That’s it.
In simple words: Staging means focusing on what’s important and cutting out the fluff.
With the help of motion graphics, the principle of staging can be put to work.
While creating animated videos for businesses, remember: The agenda is to divert the attention of the viewers from the non-important frame to the ongoing-important scene.
To properly execute this, try keeping the motion level of non-important frames to a minimum.
It refers to where you place each action frame on the timeline.
With this principle, you can define the success rate of your animation. Timing is everything. Everything that you can think of.
When you add timing to your character, it gives them emotion in the form of worry, excitement, depression, happiness, etc.
Imagine an elephant walking too fast. Will the timing frame make it look realistic?
Not really, right? Hence, if you want your character to leave an impact on your viewers, you need to adjust its timing appropriately.
The way of adding more appeal and life to a certain character in animation.
By adding exaggeration, the dramatic effect will shoot up, thus causing extra impact.
For example, a cop kicks a culprit on his back which sends him to the moon flying.
Or maybe, a cartoon character who keeps on running in the belief that the floor behind him is vanishing as he keeps moving ahead.
Well, the saying goes – Less is More.
However, here in Exaggeration – More is More.
FutureSTRONG Academy believes that every child has potential. They just want to be told so by loving and caring adults. Call 678.310.5025.
Disclaimer: Hey guys, please note. FutureSTRONG Academy doesn’t get paid for these putting these posts and resources here.
Article Author: Komal Kokate
* * *
About The Author:
Komal Kokate is the Co-Founder and CEO of MotionGility, an Explainer Video Company. With a keen eye for creativity, she is an expert in video marketing. While delivering high results to clients, she loves exploring the market and the latest marketing trends in the B2B industry. Connect with her on Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Future Of Work Is Now
The Non-Cognitive Skills Needed For The Future, Our Hybrid Work Life And Much More
If you’re not careful you can follow your passion right into poverty. ~ Srini Rao
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Free Assessments, Interview Prep and Exam Certification Study Guides For Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Project Managers
* Agile, Scrum And PMP Resources Overview: In preparation for your Scrum Master or PMP certifications, you can look at various free resources including Sample mock tests, Udemy Courses, Interview Prep Courses on YouTube and others. * Courses And Study...
* Understanding Information And Knowledge: Knowledge is becoming cheaper and less important. In the near future, nobody will hire us because of what we know. We will be hired for our abilities to think, create and solve problems with what we know. So, in this...
* Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: When multiple Scrum Teams work together on the same product, each team should maintain a separate Product backlog? True Or False?ANS: FALSE QUES: What is the project information radiator in...
Open Your Mind, Grow Your Brain! Hey everyone welcome!Here are some FREE (most of them!) resources that will help you level up in your PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL life! Build Your Potential. BECOME UNSTOPPABLE!* * * Generative AI Tools: There's not one...
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
* * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://sba.thehartford.com/managing-employees/employees-getting-canned-over-social-media/ * The Future Of Work And The Role Of Non-Cognitive Skills: Read more...
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
* https://youtu.be/WArC4ZaxDxA * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/say-goodbye-to-the-9-to-5-workday-6107738/...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!