Starting A Non-Profit:
Our kids are the future. What they do during childhood should be the teaching ground to enable them to become strong, well-rounded adults. At FutureSTRONG Academy, we want to see children thrive using the innovativeness of technology such as coding, robotics, and even chess to improve their critical thinking skills. Inspired to take action? Here’s what to do to start your non-profit organization.
Discover A Need:
To get the funding and support you require, there has to be a need in your community that’s worth advocating for.
- Determine what cause you’re going to be supporting through your non-profit. Look at IssueLab for clues regarding what issues exist in your area.
- Some ideas you can look into include advocating for the welfare of animals, helping the homeless, eradicating food poverty, helping those with physical and mental disabilities, etc.
- Look for companies that may be advocating for a similar cause as you to prevent duplication of your efforts. Use GuideStar as a source to look up the information you need.
- Apply to companies that give to non-profits to support your mission, such as Johnson & Johnson, Citigroup, Samsung, and Verizon.
Register Your Non-Profit:
As with any business, there are certain legalities that one needs to follow to start operating as a nonprofit.
- Start with identifying the type of non-profit you want to create. Know the difference between a nonprofit corporation, an association, and an organization.
- Decide on a name that will be distinguishable from other similar non-profits.
- Get an EIN for the IRS as well as apply for tax exemption status.
Decide On The Management Structure:
Your non-profit will need to be led by directors with relevant experience to help guide your organization accordingly.
- The state you’re in will govern the number of directors you can elect.
- Decide on the roles and responsibilities of management. This can include fundraising, drawing up volunteer programs, and adhering to public policies.
- Create a set of bylaws to ensure your organization runs smoothly.
These are just a few of the things to consider when starting your non-profit to ensure you are on the right track from the get-go.
FutureSTRONG Academy believes that every child has potential. They just want to be told so by loving and caring adults. Call 678.310.5025.
Image via Pexels
Article Author: Brittany Fisher
* * *
About The Article Author:
Brittany Fisher has spent more than 20 years as a CPA. She runs her own site, Financiallywell.info where she shares her knowledge about taxes, personal finance and general financial literacy hoping to help anyone who may benefit from it.
* * *
Build Your Business
Find out how to turn your passion into what a gig that pays.
How To Turn Your Passion for Video Games Into a Flourishing Career
* Not Just A Hobby: You’re passionate about gaming and don’t want it to be just a hobby. You’re dreaming of creating your own video game and launching a career in the gaming industry. You’re not alone — millions of gamers around the world are in the same boat!...
Whether It’s A Side Gig Or A Business, Here Are Strategies For Every Entrepreneur
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
How To Start Your Own Business, Even If You’re a Youngin’
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
Who Are Road Scientists And How To Work In STEM As A Digital Nomad
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
Ask A Business Owner What Courage Is. They Know A Thing Or Two About Being Relentless.
* Courage is a topic close to my heart. Ask me , I am business owner. Every day, I feel vulnerable and weak as an entrepreneur. But, being a small business owner has taught me a few things. It has taught me the courage to be imperfect. It has made me do what I...
Teaching STEM In Fun Ways To Today’s Students – Tips For Teachers
* Teachers Need To Keep Pace: Kids today grow up with technology integrated into their lives. This can cause challenges for educators trying to make science, technology, engineering, and math exciting instead of something mundane. Today’s tips from...
6 Money Management Principles To Teach Your Teenager
* Skills Teens Need: One of the primary goals of parenting is to raise kids that become wise consumers and successful contributors to society. To do that, you must teach them about adulthood, especially once they reach their teenage years. Along with teaching...
3 Things to Know If You Want a Side Gig
* If you need to generate extra income for any reason, working a side gig is a great option. You don't need a lot of training or qualifications to work a side gig, so this is a good way to replace income if you have lost your job or been unemployed for a long...
All the Resources You Need To Design An In-Home Martial Arts Studio
* The Art Of Self-Discipline: Have you ever considered designing an in-home martial arts studio? Perhaps your kids have always been passionate about martial arts, or maybe you’re just brainstorming ways to help members of your family live a healthier lifestyle...
The Workforce Is Returning. And Here Are The Attributes That Companies Are Looking For. #SHORTS
* https://youtu.be/xAeHnqK3tq4 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * When Do Employees Stay: * * * Check Out Our Featured Articles!Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!