Getting Away From The Grind:
It doesn’t have to be an occasion like the World Mental Health Day, for us to be talking about how to cope with life and thrive.
The common stresses of everyday life can build up and become overwhelming. While most of us can handle these things as they come, even the strongest person can become mentally burned out. That’s why it is so important to be proactive when it comes to your mental health.
Diet and exercise can have a big impact on our mental health, of course, but that’s just the beginning. According to Taylor Counseling Group, there are various psychological benefits of traveling, including stress reduction and lowered anxiety. Taking a break somewhere out of the ordinary helps beat the blues and increases your creativity.
The best news is that you don’t have to travel far away to get these benefits. Even a trip closer to home can have the same positive effects on your mental and physical health. Here are some great ideas for mood-lifting getaways, courtesy of FutureSTRONG Academy.
If you would rather keep the conveniences of city life with you on vacation, a weekend in a city (where you don’t live) is a good choice. Tour the city’s historical landmarks and world class museums. Research and sample the local cuisine, or you could even plan your trip around finding wonderful places to eat. From barbecue to James Beard Award-winning chefs, there’s something in every state ripe and ready to bring out the foodie in you.
And if you’re in the mood for something extra vibrant, maybe it’s time to give Disney World or Disneyland a try! Be warned, though: there’s far too much to see and do in a single day, so you’re better off consulting a source like Mouse Life Today and planning your budget and itinerary in advance. And don’t worry; you can always go again!
Go In, On, or Near the Water:
When you’re feeling completely frazzled, being near water can help soothe and calm the mind and body. Make the trip to a public body of water in your area, rent a boat, take a sunset cruise, or enjoy a picnic on the shore. Most state parks incorporate rivers, streams, or lakes, and are set up to make them easily accessible to the public. Try searching the name of your state with the word “parks” for some comprehensive listings of locations and amenities available. You might also check out amusement and water parks to have some endorphin-releasing fun.
If history is your thing, most areas have destinations that will be of interest to you. Living history sites can be a great way to immerse yourself in another time and place while learning about the past. History museums can also be fascinating destinations, whether they follow cultures across centuries or focus on a particular slice of time. If you’re visiting a good-sized city, chances are there will be a museum of history nearby.
If your great escape comes with a partner, there’s no more romantic destination than a getaway from the hustle and bustle. For instance, book a stay at Seesaw’s Lodge and escape the noise and hustle of city life. Not only will you be free from distractions and able to reconnect, but spending a few nights in nature can actually help repair your sleep cycle. Research suggests that spending a week in the woods resets your body’s circadian rhythm, which helps to regulate your cycle and provides better sleep overall.
Travel To Expand The Mind:
As much as we’d like our vacations to last forever, all good things must come to an end. But that is why it’s important to make your home a safe and calm haven for your mental wellbeing. You can cleanse negative energy that comes from complaining and negative relationships by performing a sage cleanse on your home. It’s also important to remove any clutter, which is shown to increase anxiety. Preparing your house with good energy will make returning home a more pleasant process.
Modern life can become overwhelming, which puts your mental health under a lot of pressure. You can help manage all that stress with healthy lifestyle choices, but sometimes a person needs an extra boost. Traveling a bit is a great way to break out of the ordinary — and you don’t have to go far. In fact, there are plenty of places in every state where you can get away and relax. Whether you crave culture and good eats, outdoorsy fun, history, or romance, there’s a perfect getaway near you!
At FutureSTRONG Academy, our mission is to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away. Call 678-310-5025. Disclaimer: Please note, FutureSTRONG Academy has not been paid to post any of the above links.
Image via Pexels
Article Author: Jennifer McGregor
* * *
About The Article Author:
Jennifer McGregor is a pre-med student, who loves providing reliable health and medical resources for PublicHealthLibrary.org users. To make it easier for people to search for high quality information, she co-created Public Health Library – a way to push reputable information on health topics to the forefront, making them more convenient to find.
* * *
For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness
Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And Parents
* The Epilogue: How Personal Identity Is Formed After A Lifetime Of Complying For Othershttps://youtu.be/KhzCZh-LgO0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * The Prologue: Resolve Identity Crisis At Any Age And Make Peace With Your...
* Here's an amusing fact about our lives. The intent behind every act of ours is either in anticipation of permanent relief or temporary alleviation of some sorrow. It's funny, isn't it? At a personal level when something or someone is giving us grief, it's...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* When sitting, the electrical activity in our leg muscles shuts off, calorie consumption drops to one per minute, enzymes breaking down fat decrease by 90 percent and good cholesterol drops by approximately ten percent per hour of sitting. Sounds pretty...
* Our True Aspirations: If I ask you what you want in life, you might say, recognition, a handsome income, and a comfortable life. But, what about the most important reason why any of the things we want in life matter? Our personal freedom. Don't believe me?...
* How Teens Think: As kids turn into teens, they are ruled by physiological changes they’re undergoing and as a result their decisions are governed by emotions. That makes them seem less predictable, volatile and moody. They are constantly judging themselves,...
* What Is Earthing: "There are many ways to fight chronic inflammation, including pinpointing the symptoms and adopting an anti-inflammatory diet. And some even believe it could be as simple as kicking off our shoes and frolicking barefoot through the grass....
* What’s A Text / Tech Neck? Wikipedia identifies the most painful physical side effect of mobile use. Text neck is the term used to describe the neck pain and damage sustained from looking down at your cell phone, tablet, or other wireless devices too...
* If it was upto our children, they would eat pizza for breakfast, play with the water hose all afternoon and eat cookies and milk for dinner. They won't compare themselves to anyone and they don't worry about anyone judging them. That's how simple their...
* As teachers and coaches, we all find ourselves in a situation where we must engage and connect with the kids in our care. Here are a few questions that will help as icebreakers when we need to get to know others. 1. In your opinion, what animal is the...
* Peace Or Possessions? As we age, we increasingly understand what truly matters in life. Not material wealth, not expensive jackets, not even real estate property that we carefully and deliberately acquired. As such, it is also increasingly difficult to let go...
* As a parent advocate trying to bring social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities, it’s so exciting for me to see what Fulton County is doing with 7 mindsets, Gwinnett with its 7 Habits of Successful Teens and Barrow county...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!