The below is a story about the taste of freedom, and about the strength of standing against intolerable darkness.
It is time we condemn the reprehensible detention and killing of Mahsa Amini. Her death was a direct result of the systemic and continued harassment and repression of women by Iran. We must stand in solidarity with Mahsa’s loved ones and the Iranian women.
It is gravely concerning to see visuals of violent crackdowns on civilians resulting in additional deaths and injuries and a blatant violation of human rights.
Women’s rights are human rights. We must stand with the courageous Iranian women who are peacefully protesting for their basic rights. We must urge Iran to end discrimination and protect civilian rights to peaceful protest.
“Under the Iranian code, the worth of a woman’s life equals half of a man’s, a point that often leads to grotesque legal judgments that effectively punish the victims. In this instance, the judge ruled that the ‘blood money’ for the two men was worth more than the life of the murdered nine-year-old girl, and he demanded that her family come up with thousands of dollars to finance their executions.”
~ Shirin Ebadi, Iran Awakening: A Memoir of Revolution and Hope
“If we all packed our suitcases and boarded planes, what would be left of our country? If we bowed our heads and stayed quietly at home, permitting them to say that Islam allowed the assassination of writers and the execution of teenagers, what would be left of our faith?”
~ Shirin Ebadi, Until We Are Free: My Fight for Human Rights in Iran
* * *
Essays On Life
Why We See Outrage, How Hope Helps And Handling The Stressors Of Life
True heroism is minutes, hours, weeks, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care-with no one there to see or cheer. This is the world. ~ David Foster Wallace
* https://youtu.be/rMW3s2z9oss * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://twitter.com/brokeymcpoverty/status/1017098515347066880 * * * What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in...
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJ3Es4R3ag * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.themarginalian.org/2020/05/17/yes-to-life-in-spite-of-everything-viktor-frankl/...
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us...
* Threads of Justice is a group art exhibit centered on social justice. Twelve local Asian American artists imagine an equitable future for our communities using denim jackets as canvases. Their works speak on cultural identity, personal experiences, while...
Part I: Part II: Part III: Part IV: For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group?...
* Busyness Is Not Productivity: The internet has no ending, so is it a battle we won't win? Not necessarily. We just have to be intentional and vigilant about our use of our devices and time. There is always new information whenever we get onto the internet....
* Sea oats are tall grass, sometimes reaching 8 feet high, with golden yellow seed heads or oats at their tips. They help form dunes that create a natural land barrier for any water line. As sand accumulates, sea oats continue to grow over these piles of sands...
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!