We all know how toxic some relationships can be to our wellbeing. But holding onto grief and hurt can do a lot of damage to us and our relationships in the long term. Trauma makes us lonely. And in our loneliness, we do silly things. They are called leaky things. We become needy and desperate to be understood.
In our desire to be understood, we become other focused. We try too hard to read others to assess what they want. In that process, we give away too much of our power. We move away from who we truly are. We become people pleasers. But we forget that we cannot abandon ourselves to rescue others.
Here’s how you can identify the signs of disrespect in troublesome relationships. There’s a lack of clarity in roles and responsibilities. There’s a lot of blame game involved. The other party is either not responsive or overtly defensive. And you find yourself apologizing too much.
What we can do is take a step back from all the toxicity and assess who you truly are as a person, what your values are and what you are looking for in any relationship. Start with self-care and handle anything and anyone without compromising your own dignity. At the end, only truth and care are the two things that will sustain relationships.
The Bowen Family System Of Coping With Family Dynamics During Conflict
The Bowen Family Systems Theory, developed by Dr. Murray Bowen, talks about human behavior where the family is seen as an emotional unit. It describes how this social group operates with its complex interactions. The nature of a family is that each member is a part of the unit are connected to each other with intense emotions.
Dr. Bowen proposed that we all function as a dynamics of family unit and not as individuals when dealing with our emotions and anxieties.
Read more on all the different ways we cope with relationship stress. Click HERE.
The Most Difficult Thing Is Sometimes The Best Thing. Let Go.
Watch more HERE.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us...
* We've all seen the naughty kids, the tantrum throwers and the belligerent ones. But, here's the thing though. Children are not aware of or able to articulate the real reasons behind their actions, especially if they have behavioral and emotional difficulties....
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
Below are three nationally recognized Career Technology Student Organizations (CTSO’s). Learn about each of them below: * FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America: FBLA is the largest Career and Technical Student Organization in the world...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* Talk about a global impact! The thousands of meals packaged at your Rise Against Hunger Experience will provide nourishment for those who need it most. In Gokwe North, Zimbabwe, there was a school dropout rate of 40% due to socioeconomic challenges from low...
* The Evolution Of Work: The workforce is going to be impacted by three major areas of change and growth. Workforce transformation: From Baby boomers to Gen Z, there are many generations now in the workforce working next to each other. Tech modernization And...
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!