Flexible And Keenly Self Aware:
The first quality of an educator is that they must be keenly self-aware of their own strengths and the limits of their influence. They must have a mindset of overcoming road blocks and obstacles along their journey to mentor children who look up to them. They must be able to see hope where there’s none. All a child needs is that one person to believe in their capacity to excel and thrive.
A great teacher understands the struggles of the world, and can lead you on the path with courage and compassion. He or she will encourage you to never give up. Great teachers are genuine and honest with what they know and don’t know. They are consistent and dependable.
Here’s how great teachers inspire others to super charge their own potential. Click HERE.
While creating rules for the classroom, teachers must have good reasons why they want to enforce certain rules. For example, having a rule that children should never talk during snack time is unreasonable given that in most cultures, people socialize while eating.
Cultural Quotient is the ability to understand and function within diverse cultures. To understand new cultures, we must understand our own fears and biases.
People in Asian countries remove their shoes before entering their homes. Some folks in Europe do the same right after entering their home, they don’t use shoes while in their homes. People in the US might find such practices odd and irrelevant.
In the modern, interconnected world, distances have shrunk and your success may depend on understanding other cultures and relating to them with thoughtfulness and sensitivity.
Read more on how to help children navigate culture and classrooms and still thrive. Click HERE.
Focused On Building Self Efficacy:
When children begin to develop self-efficacy, it shows in the way they behave and handle situations that unfold around them.
Here’s how to identify these traits:
1. When they understand where their strengths and interests lie.
2. They’re able to assess their limitations.
3. They’re willing to demonstrate their positive traits.
4. When they’re willing to try out new and diverse things.
5. They show their optimism for their future
6. And when they’re confident to handle daily setbacks.
7. When they believe in their ability to perform specific tasks (e.g., driving, public speaking, taking tests, etc.)
Read more on how to build self-efficacy and grow the success tree. Click HERE.
In a society where individualism is cherished, children with a teamwork spirit understand that there’s power in striving towards a common goal and enjoying the fruits of labor together.
Collaboration styles can be incorporated in different ways in a classroom. Ask them to create a shared document and multiple students edit and review it. Ask them to create a play, develop multiple characters and write dialogues for the story line.
Collaboration teaches children to respect others’ strengths. It helps them understand the types of interactions that don’t work. It shows them that effective teamwork is the one that operates within a framework of agreed upon guidelines. Overall, teamwork helps children see the value in relationships and how contribution and collaboration can lead to personal fulfillment.
Read more on how to foster collaboration in a world that cherishes individualism. Click HERE.
As coaches and mentors, we have to have to have these 3 important qualities:
Awareness, Availability, and Attentiveness.
The word education must be associated with humor, interaction, laughter, novelty and discovery rather than boredom, exams, tests, fear and anxiety. Education that is fun and engaging can reignite the fire of desire to learn, to understand, to master everything as children it seems unstoppable.
Apart from academics, we must teach our children that no one can determine their value but themselves. We must teach them that success is living intentionally each day. That it is going that extra mile when everyone has already quit. And it is making the small wins along the journey and becoming a better version of themselves than the previous day. It is taking action each and every day, however big or small.
Read more on to develop critical thinking skills and the quest for learning in children. Click HERE.
The Evolution Of Education:
How To Facilitate Social Emotional Learning (SEL) In The Classroom:
The Goals Of Teaching:
The child might not be able to solve the given challenge, but did she or he have fun while working on it? Similarly, what is the tool that they are using to problem solve. A needle can be used to repair a ripped jeans or stitch a brand new quilt. Children are born with an inherent desire to learn, fail and grow. It is our duty as educators to equip them with tools to share their strengths with the world.
Allow children to stay off task sometimes. Let their mind wander. Also important is to allow them to fail. As teachers, we must be patient to fail them periodically. Don’t give away solutions, let them brainstorm and figure things out. Our relationship with our children is not that of friendship. It doesn’t matter if they don’t like us, our goal must be to engage them in the lessons we teach them.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Inside The Ideal 21st Century Classroom
All The Important Terms And Definitions Around College Applications And Admissions
* Early Action: A college admission policy that allows applicants to apply and receive notice of their admission early. Applicants accepted under early action are not under a binding agreement to attend that school and may submit applications to other schools. ...
The Essentials Of Education – Learning Through Play, Exploration And Abstraction
* Natural Born Learners: Children are born with enormous curiosity, an eagerness to learn and a strong will to solve problems. Because of this, they can be very easily taught how to think, learn and behave. Children can be taught to appreciate what they have,...
Free Resources For Financial Aid Scholarships For Teens And College Students Along With Deadlines
* Financial Aid and Scholarship Web Sites: College can be expensive. It is important that you understand all of the resources that are available to you and your family. Below we have listed great resources to help you map out your financial aid plan. Always...
Students Come With A Lot Of Learning Barriers. Greeting Them At The Door Helps.
* Priming For A Day Of Learning: Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults...
A Comprehensive List Of Social, Criminal, Physical and Mental Disorders Due To Tech Addiction
* There are 4 major repercussions of over use of technology. 1. Increase in anxiety.2. Decrease in our ability to attend and focus for extended periods of time.3. Boredom.4. New found ability to be unable to talk to anyone face to face. ~ Dr. Larry Rosen,...
Free Assessments, Interview Prep and Exam Certification Study Guides For Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Project Managers
* Agile, Scrum And PMP Resources Overview: In preparation for your Scrum Master or PMP certifications, you can look at various free resources including Sample mock tests, Udemy Courses, Interview Prep Courses on YouTube and others. * Courses And Study...
Strategies and Apps to Help Your Child Master Their Homework Every Time
* Homework Does Have To Be A Chore: As parents, we want our children to be successful and responsible human beings, and we recognize that we must do our part to help them along that path. One area that can be trying for many is getting kids to do their...
Scrum Master | Agile Coach | PMP Certification Exam Prep And Interview – Questions And Answers
* Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: When multiple Scrum Teams work together on the same product, each team should maintain a separate Product backlog? True Or False?ANS: FALSE QUES: What is the project information radiator in...
Restoring Proper Neurological Functions Amid The Rise Of Developmental Delays And Neurodevelopmental And Behavioral Issues
* The Rise Of The Anxiety And Aggression: In a recent workshop that I attended, Dr. Erica Basso of Precision Chiropractic, covered some very important topics regarding neurodevelopment and challenges such as ADHD, autism, sensory processing disorder, anxiety...
The Tools Of The Future Are Here – Explore The Generative AI Landscape
Open Your Mind, Grow Your Brain! Hey everyone welcome!Here are some FREE (most of them!) resources that will help you level up in your PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL life! Build Your Potential. BECOME UNSTOPPABLE!* * * Generative AI Tools: There's not one...
Find Out All The Signs Of Technology Addiction
* Signs Of Something Terrible: Around the house, and around you, there can be unmistakable signs of tech addiction. You have no interest in what's happening around you. You're lying to yourself about how much you use your phone. The first obvious sign is that...
Disconnect To Reconnect – Digital Dieting: Candid Conversation with Rachana by Girijaa D
* Digital Wellbeing Workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfcKkto1LAA Workshop Description: Are we a generation of “Digiholics” ? How is technology addiction debilitating and disruptive to our professional and personal well-being? What are the...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!