If you need to generate extra income for any reason, working a side gig is a great option. You don’t need a lot of training or qualifications to work a side gig, so this is a good way to replace income if you have lost your job or been unemployed for a long time. Before you commit to working a side gig, here are three things you need to know, courtesy of FutureSTRONG Academy.
1. There Are Many Types of Side Gigs:
One study shows that 36% of Americans currently have a side hustle. There are many ways to work a side gig. You could work for another company by generating high-quality content for websites, picking up and delivering restaurant orders, shuttling the people around town in your personal vehicle, or buying groceries and delivering them to people in need.
You likely also have marketable skills that you can turn into lucrative side hustles. One example is traveling. If you travel a lot and have extensive knowledge about the industry, you could work a side gig as a travel agent. Another example is you can find work as a translator if you are fluent in another language like Korean. If you want to work as a translator, you can create an online profile for potential clients to view. They can make a decision whether to hire your Korean translation services based on the language you work with, your rate, reviews, and experience.
2. You Can Turn a Side Gig Into a Business:
If you pick up a side gig that you truly enjoy and generate a lot of income, you may want to consider turning the job into a full-blown business. As with launching any type of company, you’ll have to put a lot of hard work and dedication into making the business a success. Forming a limited liability corporation is one way to set your new company up for success.
Not only does this business structure require minimal paperwork, but it is also flexible, offers tax advantages, and protects you from lawsuits. If you decide to turn your side gig into a company, make sure you draft a business plan before forming your LLC. There are various rules regarding LLC formation in different states, so do research and make sure you comply with all restrictions for your locality. A formation service makes the process smoother.
3. You Need to Research Side Gigs:
Because there are so many types of side gigs, you may not know how to start looking for one. There are also many scams out there, so it’s important to do your research to ensure you find a job that is legitimate and worth your time. An online search can give you an idea of which side jobs are available in your area. You can check out reviews online to ensure the company is legitimate. You may also be able to pick up work by networking with people in your community and working face to face. Finally, some side gig employers post job opportunities online so that you can apply on job boards.
Working a side gig can replace lost income and help you earn a living. However, there are many types of side gigs, and you need to do a lot of research to make sure you find a legitimate one. Make sure you know these three things so that you are ready to look for a reputable side gig when you need one.
FutureSTRONG Academy believes that every child has potential. They just want to be told so by loving and caring adults. Call 678.310.5025.
Image via Pexels
Article Author: Elijah Dawson
* * *
About The Article Author:
Elijah Dawson created Look For Jobs Here while he was furloughed from his retail management job at the beginning of the pandemic. With many still looking for work, he hopes his site will assist and motivate them as they look for their next big opportunity.
* * *
The Future Of Work Is Now
The Non-Cognitive Skills Needed For The Future, Our Hybrid Work Life And Much More
If you’re not careful you can follow your passion right into poverty. ~ Srini Rao
* Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: When multiple Scrum Teams work together on the same product, each team should maintain a separate Product backlog? True Or False?ANS: FALSE QUES: In waterfall, the project team often gets early...
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
* * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://sba.thehartford.com/managing-employees/employees-getting-canned-over-social-media/ * The Future Of Work And The Role Of Non-Cognitive Skills: Read more...
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
* https://youtu.be/WArC4ZaxDxA * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/say-goodbye-to-the-9-to-5-workday-6107738/...
* Courage is a topic close to my heart. Ask me , I am business owner. Every day, I feel vulnerable and weak as an entrepreneur. But, being a small business owner has taught me a few things. It has taught me the courage to be imperfect. It has made me do what I...
* Internet Addiction / Screen Dependency Disorders can be broadly divided into two types: Compulsive and Problematic. * Do You’ve a Digital Addiction Problem? Find out HERE if you do. * Compulsive Work Addictions: Compulsive...
* Teachers Need To Keep Pace: Kids today grow up with technology integrated into their lives. This can cause challenges for educators trying to make science, technology, engineering, and math exciting instead of something mundane. Today’s tips from...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!