Do Stellar GPAs Matter In The Real World?
Present day society shows us that we’re raising our children to be over stressed and under confident adults. But, ask any parent, and they will tell you that the happiness of their child is their most prized possession.
In middle schools everywhere, kids are aiming for high grades even though they have no bearing on college applications – yet society, parents, teachers, counselors and children are acting like they do.
Are we raising adults who show great promise on paper with stellar GPAs yet crumble under pressure as just college freshmen? Or are we raising well rounded adults who can manage their emotions, build positive relationships and navigate social situations with ease both in career and real life?
And as adults, do we constantly regret bad grades in an AP course or not getting into the college of our choice? So, it’s important to ask ourselves, do all these labels and grades on us really matter to us as adults?
What Can We Teach Our Children?
Children and teens often spend a lot of time comparing themselves to their peers. Acceptance by their friends is very important for them. Everything from test scores, clothes and gadgets determine their self-worth on a numerical system – on a scale of 0 to 10.
Abstract concepts like kindness, honesty and courage take a back seat because they are less concrete and more difficult to understand. Test scores can be measured and can be easily replicated, but not soft skills. We all have this score called the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI) but what about an index to measure life readiness?
So, it is upto us to help them understand these skills are the only ones that matter. No one will remember their test scores, but everyone will remember how they were treated by them.
Show them your love by encouraging them to fail at something new or use their inherent imagination at problem solving rather than to achieve an A+ inspite of an A.
Our Children Are Not Just Their GPA:
Read more HERE.
Hey mom and dad
If you want to let me grow, then you’ve got to let me go. Let me risk and fail. Let me feel a consequence. Let me question authority and seek answers. Let me test a boundary, run out of money, run out of gas, and lose a friend. Let me learn to understand how much sleep I need, and what to wear when it’s cold outside. Let me sort out a relationship and see what I love. This will not be easy, but it’s the only way I can grow.
~ Your teen
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Inside The Ideal 21st Century Classroom
* https://youtu.be/T-pm87uYF40 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/11/22/meet-the-first-spanish-ai-model-earning-up-to-10000-per-month...
Scrum Master | Agile Coach | PMP Certification Exam Prep And Interview – Questions And Answers Part III
* Continued From Part II HERE * Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: What are the different sizing and estimation techniques in project management?ANS: See it's very difficult to estimate anything accurately, to tell...
Scrum Master | Agile Coach | PMP Certification Exam Prep And Interview – Questions And Answers Part II
* Continued From Part I HERE * Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: What is gold plating and how can we prevent it?ANS: In a project when the work done after a point of time becomes irrelevant to an extent, whether...
* Continued From Part II: Check it out HERE. * For Many Tiktok Needs No Introduction: In this attention economy, there's no bigger lure for children, teens and adults like Tiktok. It's an app that promises to showcase your creativity serving it up...
* Continued From Part I: Check it out HERE. * Discovering On Snapchat: Yes, we are in the digital age, and kids will have to find ways for social integration online. Yes, it is inevitable. But, one of the most useless apps on the planet can be...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!