The Practice Of Self-Care Routine:
Adults practice self-care to help them deal with the stress of daily life in a healthy and fulfilling way. Learning to regulate emotions in this way is an important life skill for kids to learn, and as the parent, you are responsible for helping your children develop a self-care routine that works for their individual needs. These six ideas from FutureSTRONG Academy can help you model a healthy self-care routine that will allow your kids to refresh their minds.
Establish a Routine:
Creating a schedule or routine is a great way to make sure that everyone in the family knows what to expect each day. A good example is having a consistent bedtime routine. Your kids won’t be able to create a routine that includes self-care on their own, so it’s important for you to model ways to reduce stress each day. Ending each day with a bubble bath or taking a few minutes to work on your hobbies are good ways to show kids how to build time for self-care into a routine, but you also need to show them ways to adapt your routine to minimize stress.
Care For Your Body:
Caring for your body has physical, mental, and emotional benefits. Instead of focusing on how your body looks, show your kids how taking good care of your body makes you feel. There are many small habits involved in caring for your body, including:
- Getting plenty of restful sleep each night.
- Moving your body for 30 minutes each day.
- Consuming a healthy, balanced diet.
- Drinking enough water each day.
Listen To Music:
Play music for a few minutes each day. You can relax while you listen and appreciate the lyrics, or you can have a dance party to burn off stress and extra energy. Show your kids that it’s okay to be silly and dance when you’re feeling sad if you need a quick pick-me-up.
Get Some Fresh Air:
Get outside whenever you are feeling overwhelmed. Whether you take a walk around your neighborhood or move your workspace outside for the day, a chance of scenery and some fresh air can instantly improve your mindset. Modeling this behavior shows your kids that fresh air is crucial for a healthy lifestyle and renewed mind.
Practice Daily Affirmations:
Prove to your children that what they believe about themselves is more important than what other people say about them. Start each day by listing three positive aspects about yourself. Ask your kids to join in by naming good attributes they have. Whenever you see that your children are starting to get overwhelmed, ask them to recite their affirmations to remind them of what they have to offer the world.
Learn Something New:
Whether you’re watching a fun documentary or taking chess lessons from FutureSTRONG Academy, learning something new is a great way to spark our creativity. Whether you prefer to write, draw or paint, getting creative allows you to express your emotions in a healthy way so you can face the next day with a renewed mind. Encourage your kids to find an artistic outlet they enjoy so they can take time with a hobby when they need some self-care.
Life can feel as overwhelming to kids as it does for you. It’s important to show your kids to build time for self-care into their routines so they can have a refreshed mentality. Get started by using these ideas to build a kid-friendly self-care routine.
FutureSTRONG Academy believes that every child has potential. They just want to be told so by loving and caring adults. Call 678.310.5025.
Image via Pexels
Article Author: Jennifer McGregor
* * *
About The Article Author:
Jennifer McGregor is a pre-med student, who loves providing reliable health and medical resources for PublicHealthLibrary.org users. To make it easier for people to search for high quality information, she co-created Public Health Library – a way to push reputable information on health topics to the forefront, making them more convenient to find.
* * *
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
A Whole Family Digital Health Reset Is Just A Few Action Steps Away
* Signs of Parental Anguish: Children and adults are using screens as a coping mechanism. There's a lot of technoference in our lives and we are having to combat it constantly. This is our new normal from the past decade in familial and professional settings....
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
7 Habits of Highly Successful Teens
* 7 Areas Of Growth: Here are 7 areas in which teens can work to improve their ultimate potential. 1. Organization2. Time management3. Skill growth4. Mindset management5. Stress management6. Sleep management7. Screen distraction management * Top Mindsets...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
How Positive Action Can Curb The Epidemic Of Gun Violence And Mass Shootings
Ahimsa - The Principle Of Non Violence Gun Safety Laws To Curb Mass Shootings “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.”— David Hogg, cofounder and board member at March For Our LivesQuestions, just...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
Run, Hide Or Fight. Is That What Our Sweet America Has Come Down To?
* Our Nation Right Now: As I shopped at our local hardware store this morning, I was vary of fellow shoppers around me. I was watchful of the cars that were coming and going as I crossed the street from my parked car. There's something on my mind right now....
Is It OK To Allow My Child To Play Roblox? ~ Answered.
* Is Roblox Safe? Hello Parents, if you are one of those who is wondering if Roblox is a safe and enriching game for your children, here are a few key points to consider. I have broken them down into three categories. First build Awareness about the eco...
Legalization Of Marijuana Will Not Help The Teen Mental Health Epidemic. Studies Prove It.
* Effects of Marijuana and How Parents can Help: Why is it important for parents to be informed about marijuana? Young people who use marijuana are 4 to 7 times more likely than adults to become addicted to marijuana; however, the longer teens and young...
The Effects Of Menopause On The Brain And Causes For Inflammation, Brain Fog And Neurodegeneration
* https://youtu.be/r8Wtrg8aIfE * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01474-3 * Book Recommendations: What Fresh Hell Is This?: Perimenopause, Menopause, Other...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!