Qualities Of A Social Classroom:
A class room becomes a fertile ground for personal growth in addition to professional growth when you incorporate the following elements:
a. Children must be cared for to make sure the cultural and emotional baggage they bring to the classroom is addressed in a caring and compassionate way.
b. Coaches don’t explain the concept directly, but give the children opportunities to learn and interpret through problem solving.
c. Team vs. individual contributions are important for the learning objectives to be met.
d. How and why of what children learn is just as important as what they learn.
e. The curriculum incorporates creativity, collaboration, adaptability and navigating social situations in addition to academic milestones.
f. Parents are involved throughout the process and made to understand that we’re all stakeholders in the child’s wellbeing.
A Student Centered Classroom Ensures Quality Curriculum Where:
- Students ask more questions
- Engagement and Curiosity is encouraged
- Students take ownership of their own learning
- Forge relationships with peers
- Students build self-efficacy
- Understand real world applications of what they’re learning
Imparting Social Skills In The Classroom:
Lessons stick in the minds of children when 5 important teaching elements are met.
1. They are taught the lessons
2. The lessons are modeled
3. Children get a chance to roleplay the skills
4. They get real time feedback on how they’re doing
5. Having a chance to use the skills as much as possible during the course of the day.
3 Things Students Want From Teachers:
A student centric program must offer parents and caregivers the assurance that the qualities of guidance, leadership, and the positive influence will be at the highest. After there are 3 things every child desires from a teacher.
1. For them to enjoy their job
2. Get excited about what they’re teaching
3. And support and love children for who they are
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Inside The Ideal 21st Century Classroom
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!