Doing Things That Make Us Happy:
Although the moment of self-realization can be reckoning, living with the shock and horror of your own evil can be disconcerting. And, I have my regrets and my share of what ifs. Failure to recognize that my loved one was dying of a deadly disease that was growing inside them for many years. Sending a text that must have caused deep hurt. Releasing the arrow of words that I cannot take back. Regret that I want to be a planet saver, but not doing anything substantial to make a dent in that claim. I regret possibly letting down people who might have been counting on me. I regret not prioritizing volunteering my time to those who will love more of my my attention.
The Top Five Regrets of the Dying ~ Bronnie Ware:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Bronnie Ware On Our Top 5 Regrets:
Matthew O’Reilly: “Am I dying?” The Honest Answer.
Here are top three things that people talk about 5 minutes before they die. They don’t have any regrets, but they ask for forgiveness.
1. Will you remember me?
2. Have I made a mark?
3. Did my life have a meaning?
The Before I Die Wall By Candy Chang:
This is the “Before I Die” wall in Duluth, Georgia. This Global Art Contributory Project started by Candy Chang has brought the conversation of death to the forefront.
Asking that question to oneself requires a deliberate answer. It gives us a chance to start a daring conversation with ourselves. It gives us the drive to live life in the fullest and most meaningful way possible.
Many people live with regrets like not having traveled enough when they could, or not spending enough time with their children because of how much they worked. Many of us wonder if we loved enough and loved well. What’s on your bucket list?
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Get The Skills
Skills You Will Need To Become A Great Problem Solver
* The areas in which a human self-sabotages himself or herself on a daily basis are endless. Judgement, anxiety, fear, regret, stress, shame, grace, expectations, perfection, self-doubt, bias, vices, time management etc. and so much more. * Cultivate...
* Our Brains On Risks And Rewards: There are two aspects to our brain when it comes to trying out new things. One of them is the activation system and the other is the inhibition system. The activation system encourages us to do things based on potential...
* As humans, we all want to succeed, but often times, we don’t seem to know where to start. First let's establish a workable definition of success. Here’s my definition: “Success” is about working hard consistently, making difficult choices and outlasting my...
* We've all seen the naughty kids, the tantrum throwers and the belligerent ones. But, here's the thing though. Children are not aware of or able to articulate the real reasons behind their actions, especially if they have behavioral and emotional difficulties....
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
* Touch improves everything and can relieve us from a lot of miseries. It’s a physical need like sleep, exercise, and relationships and has the following benefits: • Touch strengthens our immune system significantly, while a lack thereof weakens it...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!