Children Of The Modern Digital World:
“My children are doing great at school. I don’t think you have anything to offer them.”
So many parents come to us with this idea at FutureSTRONG Academy. We tell them we’re not fixing anything, we’re simply building on top of their academic skills.
Academic development is not the only skill our children will need in the real world where people who can express themselves eloquently and articulate their ideas to demonstrate the depth of their knowledge and shine better than those who cannot. Are we giving our children the right tools to help them express their feelings, thoughts and emotions with clarity?
There are 3 kinds of children.
1. One who is not so self-aware of their feelings and strengths.
2. One who is not sure what to do when a problem arises. These children simply avoid situations and people that cause them anxiety and worry.
3. The third one is the kind we must let our children blossom into. They are higher order thinking children who readily ask for help and don’t mind negotiating.
Environments where children grow up can literally mean the difference between flourish or flounder. Irrespective of so many variances real life has, an ideal environment can be the one stable thing that the children should be able to count on.
Lessons For A Brilliant Future:
Children can be taught how happiness comes from within and that success can be redefined to fit our ideals, dreams and values by figuring out what they are. They can be shown that it doesn’t matter if they come from a loving home or a broken one. That it doesn’t matter if their families are rich or poor. That it doesn’t matter if they think they’re skilled, talented or gifted or not.
Giving tools that develop a problem-solving attitude and grit enable children to feel autonomous. It allows them to make responsible choices and take ownership for the decisions they make. Asking their input to help shape the learning environment better is also a sure shot way to empower children in the process. It is empowering to children when we assure them that their hard work is showing in their positive progress, they’re making towards the end goal.
We all want our children to be self-aware, generous, kind, culturally competent people. That’s where we believe emotional intelligence plays a huge part in their success at school and life. It allows to develop considerate, caring and contributing members of society.
Technological Disruptions Abound:
Thanks to major technological disruptions we are facing, our children need to be taught how to hold onto their identity and navigate the real and online worlds with courage, motivation and integrity. Together, let’s show each other how we can Become Unstoppable – only if we choose to realize the unlimited potential in store for all of us!
How can we elevate human potential? We often don’t realize that there are so many tools that we can equip ourselves with to be the best we can be. Some of the most important ones being, adapting a winner mindset, understanding our strengths & managing relationships and resources.
There is a greater need of soft skills in our world right now because our communication is becoming linear day by day. No one seems to understand the intent and the emotion behind the other person’s words especially because we are communicating via texts and messages.
When we as a community align ourselves with the needs of the child, school and family, we build a future that’s ready to thrive.
There are so many programs out there to teach children how to make a living, can you tell us one that teaches them how to live?
FutureSTRONG Academy began with a personal quest of finding our purpose in life. And we found out soon that’s only possible by making the most positive impact and contribution to the world around us. We teach children how to focus on the important things in life through a filtered mind. We teach them that the more open minded they are like water, ready to adapt and take up whatever shape and space they’re given, the better they are equipped to face the uncertainty called life.
FutureSTRONG Academy strives to make education interesting through activities that increase curiosity and critical thinking. Children can be taught to develop persistence and create and sustain long term goals by learning how to manage time and expectations and problem solve real world scenarios. Whether they become a high-flying executive, a lawn worker or a coffee shop owner, personal qualities like grit, empathy and curiosity can turn them into unstoppable lifelong learners.
Schools and after school classes are where most children spend a majority of their waking hours. And we want FutureSTRONG Academy to be an environment where we can nurture and navigate our children.
As schools, we come with a greater advantage that even many communities can readily offer. We must be places that are immune to the divisive walls of religion, economics and politics. We must be able to provide cultural literacy and be prime spots for information, ideation and positive personal growth.
Our Mission At FutureSTRONG Academy:
FutureSTRONG Academy is a collaborative environment of creativity and goal setting – in a disruptive workshop style setting. That means each of us can challenge others’ ideas and all the best ideas can rise to the top! We also like to call our brain training programs as mental rock-climbing exercises :))
Our mission is “Hi-Tech Lessons With a Touch of Human.”
Our dream is to foster curiosity and creativity in a fun 21st Century STEAM environment that includes Lessons in Robotics, Coding, Chess and Emotional Intelligence. Together we can make our Future STRONG.
Future STRONG is a global initiative for personal growth where children learn goal setting, problem solving and decision making in the framework of our 6 C’s. Confidence, Communication, Clarity, Commitment, Collaboration and Courage.
What is a Semester at FutureSTRONG Academy?
FutureSTRONG Academy is a college, career and life readiness program which can aid at crucial development milestones of your child. We primarily focus on Social, Emotional and Character development based on age related milestones WHILE teaching them Hi-Tech job-oriented skills.
Our program is designed to facilitate develop self-awareness, self-regulation, growth mindset, emotional intelligence, community contribution, responsible decision making among other things. We examine a child’s strengths and challenges in Open Mindedness, Self-Regulation, Compliance, Divergent Thinking, Adaptive Functioning, Autonomy, and Interpersonal Interactions.
FutureSTRONG Academy helps bring social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. It is a K thro’ 12 after-school program that aims to teach essential life skills to kids like handling emotions, critical thinking, setting goals and making good decisions – all the while encouraging them to use their time and attention intentionally.
FutureSTRONG Academy. Because some lessons are not found in textbooks.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Inside The Ideal 21st Century Classroom
* Continued From Part I: Find it HERE. * QUESTION III: What are some ways that educators can integrate Al in their STEM teaching? Please give specific ideas and examples. Sometimes, tools that we as teachers want to use might be blocked by the...
* QUESTION I: How has Al made an impact in K-12 education in general and in your learning environment specifically? AI is helping us take a critical look at how we're doing things and also is helping us by taking some load off of us. Let's dive in. AI is so new...
* What Is STEM? According to Live Science, STEM is a combination of four academic disciplines: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These are critical to a child’s education and later adult development. While children tend to believe that...
* https://youtu.be/pvB_HLJEQ9s * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://nypost.com/2023/09/05/apollo-the-humanoid-robot-starts-moving-boxes-in-warehouses/ ...
* https://youtu.be/GvRJfkE928M * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: The Impact of Pornography on Children's Minds: Main Article: https://www.thefp.com/p/why-are-our-fourth-graders-on-pornhub Other Cited Works:...
* Part III: Continued from PART III HERE. * Cutting And Pain Relief: Addiction is like chasing an obsession. People often can't think of a way out of it. "Saying stop it," won't work. People will always go back to their symptom relieving ways if...
Robotics And Coding in education is creating a revolution by transforming the way we learn, engage with and program machines. The Future Is Here, Become A Part Of It! Dive Into The World Of Automation, Machine Learning And Internet Of ThingsQuestions, just ask! Text...
* Part II: Continued from PART II HERE. * Signs Of Mental Health Issues: For some anxiety can be the "force that's pushing me about everything that's wrong." Then there's the sexual assault horrors that we are made aware of. "My ex boyfriend...
* Part I: Continued from PART I HERE. * Kids And Teens Speak Up: Kids and adolescents deal with mental health challenges differently. Kids want to isolate, and not tell anyone. Because in their little brains, things can be confusing and if...
* Sierra Nevada As A Witness: On the lookout point called Mirador de San Nicolás, I stood on the side waiting for someone to click a picture of our family. Our backdrop would be the Alhambra (one of the most famous monuments of Islamic architecture located in...
* How Teens Think: As kids turn into teens, they are ruled by physiological changes they’re undergoing and as a result their decisions are governed by emotions. That makes them seem less predictable, volatile and moody. They are constantly judging themselves,...
* Here are a series of Strength essays by teenagers in a school in inner city Atlanta. * * * * * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!