Teens And Self Worth:
Some of the best things in life are full of uncertainty. Getting married, having a baby, moving to a new city, starting a new business etc etc. When we’re uncertain of our next move our self-confidence takes a hit.
Teens especially want to feel invisible because they’re unable to keep up with peer and parental expectations. By teaching them their own self-worth and the skill of adaptability, we allow them to learn to celebrate small wins and navigate uncertainty with confidence and resolve.
Teenagers are terrified of two things. They fear judgment of their loved ones and peers and are constantly worried about their privacy. As stake holders in their wellbeing, we need to empower them with our belief in their abilities and lend them an ear without judgment.
The Impact Of Adult Caregivers:
The quality of young people’s lives is determined by meaningful relationships with significant adults in their lives parents, extended family members, teachers, caregivers, coaches, youth workers, mentors, and friends. Brick by brick, we must assemble opportunities for our children and ourselves to exchange ideas, learn and grow.
As adults, we’re also searching for our own self-worth, identity and respect. But, for a child looking up to us for safety and assurance, we can seem lost and confused. To lead the way of life for our children, we need to build credibility and show that we’ve got a handle on things.
A Great Role Model For Our Children:
We all want our children to succeed, but we don’t seem to know where to start. Today’s parents have two jobs. Raising children in the real world of emotions and guiding them in the online world that’s constantly changing and evolving. We often feel like we’ve no control over things, asking ourselves, “Am I doing a good job at this parenting thing? Is my child going to be OK?”
Our goal must be to help promote their healthy development and reduce conditions that put them at risk for problem behaviors. This means we must encourage them to explore their own role in the community and understand what a meaningful life of contribution looks like.
Parenting must feel empowering, not overwhelming. We must lead our family with strategies that foster mutual respect, trust and compassion. Not fear, anxiety and worry. We must work towards closing the expectation gap at home and connect with our children before we communicate our rules.
Why leave parenting to chance? Take back the control.
* * *
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
A Whole Family Digital Health Reset Is Just A Few Action Steps Away
* Signs of Parental Anguish: Children and adults are using screens as a coping mechanism. There's a lot of technoference in our lives and we are having to combat it constantly. This is our new normal from the past decade in familial and professional settings....
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
7 Habits of Highly Successful Teens
* 7 Areas Of Growth: Here are 7 areas in which teens can work to improve their ultimate potential. 1. Organization2. Time management3. Skill growth4. Mindset management5. Stress management6. Sleep management7. Screen distraction management * Top Mindsets...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
How Positive Action Can Curb The Epidemic Of Gun Violence And Mass Shootings
Ahimsa - The Principle Of Non Violence Gun Safety Laws To Curb Mass Shootings “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.”— David Hogg, cofounder and board member at March For Our LivesQuestions, just...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
Run, Hide Or Fight. Is That What Our Sweet America Has Come Down To?
* Our Nation Right Now: As I shopped at our local hardware store this morning, I was vary of fellow shoppers around me. I was watchful of the cars that were coming and going as I crossed the street from my parked car. There's something on my mind right now....
Is It OK To Allow My Child To Play Roblox? ~ Answered.
* Is Roblox Safe? Hello Parents, if you are one of those who is wondering if Roblox is a safe and enriching game for your children, here are a few key points to consider. I have broken them down into three categories. First build Awareness about the eco...
Legalization Of Marijuana Will Not Help The Teen Mental Health Epidemic. Studies Prove It.
* Effects of Marijuana and How Parents can Help: Why is it important for parents to be informed about marijuana? Young people who use marijuana are 4 to 7 times more likely than adults to become addicted to marijuana; however, the longer teens and young...
The Effects Of Menopause On The Brain And Causes For Inflammation, Brain Fog And Neurodegeneration
* https://youtu.be/r8Wtrg8aIfE * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01474-3 * Book Recommendations: What Fresh Hell Is This?: Perimenopause, Menopause, Other...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!