In the book Wild at Heart, the author, John Eldredge says “Adventure is the soul of man.” And that’s so true with us to keep up the momentum and excitement in our daily lives. And if movies are any mirror to our real lives, men want three things. A battle to fight, a beauty to rescue and a nice car to drive her off.
Jokes apart, humans crave novelty/variety and predictability in equal measure to live a sustainable life. Along with these features about our surroundings and our circumstances, we also crave meaning in life.
One of the most important ways we find meaning is by seeking love and by contributing towards the community. We also want to make an impact and amass great wealth. And that is the biggest ways we differ from machines and animals.
In professional settings, because our work demands us to be organized, punctual and efficient, we also crave for an optimal performance in that setting. We are also unique in the way that we are motivated by personal and professional growth. And as Dan Pink says, our personal growth momentum is driven by three factors – Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose.
Far from what our ancestors did back then for basic survival – like staying alive, fighting animals, eating to survive and having sex to reproduce, we have come a long way. We now want more than ever because we just don’t have to strive to “just survive” anymore.
So, get out of your comfort zone and thrive! You already have everything you need!
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The A To Z Of Essential Life Skills
Check Out The Latest On Our Blog!
* Continued From Part I: Check it out HERE. * Discovering On Snapchat: Yes, we are in the digital age, and kids will have to find ways for social integration online. Yes, it is inevitable. But, one of the most useless apps on the planet can be...
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
Below are three nationally recognized Career Technology Student Organizations (CTSO’s). Learn about each of them below: * FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America: FBLA is the largest Career and Technical Student Organization in the world...
* Touch improves everything and can relieve us from a lot of miseries. It’s a physical need like sleep, exercise, and relationships and has the following benefits: • Touch strengthens our immune system significantly, while a lack thereof weakens it...
* Stage 1 Developing Awareness. The motivation for change begins with a sense that we aren't fulfilling our full potential in at least one area of our life. * Stage 2 Discovery. The discovery stage is where your conscious mind has located the...
Social Emotional Learning And Mindfulness Here are ways kids can teach their brains to calm themselves and control their worries and stressors....
* Our Love And Hate Relationship With Tech: Technology is a complex thing. On the one hand, the ability of being anonymous, makes it difficult to track who's doing what. On the other hand, you can't be your most vulnerable self on it, because there are...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!