Ok class, today…
This is stupid. I’d rather be playing video games.
*ring* Send (student) to the office.
My kid told me that YOU…
We need you to sub on your prep.
Students are experiencing an all time level of trauma. Form relationships with all students and make connections every day.
Make sure to incorporate ELA and math into your lesson plan daily, so we can boost our scores for data.
Implement these modifications and accommodations for these students every hour. Document it.
You are legally bound to adhering to these accommodations for these students. Document it.
Every teacher in the universe has a cooler and craftier idea and classroom than you.
Omg. Did you hear about what happened in *insert teacher here* class?! Don’t they even watch them? It’s their job! How did (s)he miss that?! Yeah, and I heard…
30+ kids every hour, 6 times per day.
You have 4 homeless students. You need to provide the following daily.
Student Medical Alert:
These students will die if you don’t monitor these medical issues closely.
We’re trying something new this year even though we’re not ready to roll it out and there’s no funding for it. Be sure to document that you are doing it correctly.
Your classroom is going to get shot up any minute.
Be sure goals are set, reports are finished, lesson plans are perfect, and that you hit the learning target and success criteria multiple times. We need documentation and evidence that you’re doing this.
You suck as a teacher. Also, your rating is based on this, but also, make sure students don’t feel defined by their performance on these.
Teach students the expectations in the hallway, cafeteria, classroom, and outside. Take students in the bathroom and reteach how to wipe, flush, and wash hands. Be sure to only reward positive behavior. Check in and check out with these specific students daily.
We have 3 tiers of support. What about your gifted students, pull out students, intervention students? Why aren’t you providing enough differentiation? You need to provide documentation.
Keep me locked, so that students are safe. Yes you will be interrupted to open me 10x per hour.
Say good bye to your evenings and weekends.
Are they aligned with school, state, U.S., and world wide standards? Be sure to document that.
The Powers That Be:
What can we do to help?
Please take something off our plate before adding something new.
The Powers that Be:
Sorry, no can do. Btw, you also need to…
We are working on correcting today’s issue as quickly as we can.
English Language Learner:
*crying, speaking a foreign language, feeling alone and scared*
The Powers that Be:
Sorry, there’s just not enough funding for those students.
I’ve been told we need to align all of our curriculum, assessments, and daily lesson plans. Be sure to document that.
Be sure to attend the following meetings this week: staff, grade level, core subject, tech, school climate, school improvement.
We saw 500 of the 900 students on our caseload, this month.
Yes, I filed that CPS report and the other one. Now we wait on the state to act.
My step dad got arrested last night for beating up my mom.
Surprise! Make sure all students are safe. Now go back to teaching.
Surprise! Make sure all students are safe. Now go back to teaching.
Internal Threat Drill:
Surprise! Barricade your door and make sure all students are silent for 45 minutes. Go back to teaching.
External Threat Drill:
Surprise! Make sure student are silent and out of the funnel of potential bullet spray. Now go back to teaching.
Provided before school, after school, and during lunch.
Must be implemented into all lessons but also make sure to monitor all 30+ students at all times and make sure they’re not doing anything inappropriate.
You suck as a teacher.
*literally being pulled in 20 directions at once, everyday, while fielding discipline, making multiple teacher observations, fielding staff, breaking up fights, keeping us safe, performing investigations, cooperating with police, meeting with students and parents, and attending all after school and extracurricular activities*
Be sure to document when students are tardy, not following directions, unprepared, and not collaborating well. Document this for all 175 students.
Document all accommodations, modifications, retakes, and rationale for grades for each of your 175 students. No we will not provide district time for you to enter these into your grade book.
Special Ed State Dept:
You must mainstream all students regardless of behavior, cognitive function, and/or potential violent episodes. Sorry, there’s just not enough funding for additonal support in your classroom.
Make sure you are highly qualified, but you must pay for all of your professional development, student loans, grad classes, conferences, hotel stay, food, travel, and substitute teachers out of pocket. And you need to update your certification. You’ll need to pay for that too.
You haven’t peed in 7 hours, you’re going to get another infection.
*in knots and anxiety coursing*
You’re not enough. You’ll never be enough.
I can’t breathe.
*smiles* (Tells self) Stop. Just suck it up. You’re fine. You have 30+ students eyes on you right now. Do NOT let them down.
F*ck respect for authority, including your teachers. Must be nice to get your summers off.
Parent of a Student:
You make a difference.
I know I’m special and have value, because of you.
My Own Kids:
Mom, why are your crying?
*sets alarm for tomorrow to do it all over again*
– Written by Amber Lynn G. (middle school teacher)
* * *
On How To Write
Writing Hacks And Essays On Life
Digital Citizenship: What It Is, How To Learn It, And The Resources You Need
* Technological Literacy or Digital Citizenship is the wealth of knowledge that we all need in order to be good citizens of the digital age. We all have a playbook for how to live in the real world, and digital citizenship guidelines allow us to understand the...
14 Powerful Quotes From The Book, The Big Disconnect – Sustainable Family For The Digital Age
* Quotable Quotes From The Big Disconnect: Excerpts From the book, The Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age By Catherine Steiner-Adair EdD. It's a powerful reminder to understand how to protect childhood and family...
What Are Brain Breaks And Why Does Everyone Need Them?
* Brain breaks or mental speed bumps are focused attention activities that give brains a break from intense mentally challenging lessons children are expected to learn every day. They are good for us adults too because so much is expected out of us each day....
Why Fear Death When It Can Be The Biggest Motivator Of All
* Our Relationship With Immortality: People who don’t know what to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon want to live forever. That’s the lure of immortality. All throughout our lives, we strive for wealth, fame, knowledge and happiness. We also long for immortality...
A To Z About Tech Behavioral Disorders, Managing Addictions, And Their Impact On Relationships And Productivity
* Our digital landscape is changing day after day. And here are some urgent burning questions along with their answers. Please click below to learn more. 1) Why is Technology Addiction or Digital Addiction a problem at all? Can’t I have my hobby or interest? 2)...
Understanding Relationship Etiquette In A World Of Faceless Usernames And Two Dimensional Emojis
* How We Learnt FOMO: Listen, I have nothing against technology. I can turn on and off the lights in my house from 200 miles away if I need to. During the pandemic, we bought a new car without ever stepping out of the house. What’s more, I don't have to wait...
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
A Whole Family Digital Health Reset Is Just A Few Action Steps Away
* Signs of Parental Anguish: Children and adults are using screens as a coping mechanism. There's a lot of technoference in our lives and we are having to combat it constantly. This is our new normal from the past decade in familial and professional settings....
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
How Positive Action Can Curb The Epidemic Of Gun Violence And Mass Shootings
Ahimsa - The Principle Of Non Violence Gun Safety Laws To Curb Mass Shootings “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.”— David Hogg, cofounder and board member at March For Our LivesQuestions, just...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!