How Does Change Come?
The different ways change can come. There’s one in which we, ourselves, are the proponents of change.
- You’re simply not OK with status quo and you want out.
- You’ve redefined what success means to you.
- Your sense of personal fulfillment has changed.
- Your ideas of making an impact have evolved.
- The reality of your circumstances have changed. Ex: You became a father.
- Your priorities have changed.
- Your short term goals and your long term aspirations have changed.
- New opportunities have opened up that give you a chance for larger impact.
- You’ve new insights as you grow yourself each day and want to put them into use.
- You’ve acquired new skills that want to be put into use.
- Your current job feels irrelevant to your new personal ambitions.
There’s a second way, when things out of our control begin to rapidly evolve around us. Thereby, bringing in change in a forceful way.
Here are a few examples.
- An invisible, deadly virus has overtaken your world.
- Unforeseen adversity at work or sudden personal health crisis.
- The ecosystem that you’re part of as a team member is changing, leaving you with no choice but to seek out other opportunities.
- The company you work for has adopted a new vision that doesn’t match your personal philosophy.
The Essential Skill Of Adaptability:
An essential life skill called adaptability is what we can use to navigate change and uncertainty. It’s our determination to build a broad database of knowledge and backup plans. Adaptability is our planning that helps us visualize all possible scenarios and outcomes. It’s our understanding that we can use other people’s experience as a foundation for our knowledge.
Adaptability is a mindset because we can choose to tell ourselves that it’s okay to:
- Get started without knowing everything
- Not practice for all possible scenarios
- Not know what’s next
- Slow down
- Change course
- Seek help
- Say no
- Redefine success
- Change our mind
Suffering and Happiness By Pema Chödrön:
We look for happiness in all the wrong places. The Buddha called this habit “mistaking suffering for happiness.” We become habituated to reaching for something to ease the edginess of the moment. Thus, we become less and less able to reside with even the most fleeting uneasiness or discomfort. What begins as a slight shift of energy—a minor tightening of our stomach, a vague indefinable feeling that something bad is about to happen—escalates into addiction. This is our way of trying to make life predictable. Because we mistake what always results in suffering to be what will bring us happiness, we remain stuck in the repetitious habit of escalating our dissatisfaction. ~ From 108 Teachings on Cultivating Fearlessness and Compassion By Pema Chödrön
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
COURAGE - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COURAGE as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COURAGE
Self Efficacy: How The Belief In Yourself Is The First Step Towards Goal Setting
* What Is Self Efficacy: The American Psychological Association defines Self-efficacy this way. "Self-efficacy refers to an individual's belief in his or her capacity to execute behaviors necessary to produce specific performance attainments (Bandura, 1977,...
Why Fear Death When It Can Be The Biggest Motivator Of All
* Our Relationship With Immortality: People who don’t know what to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon want to live forever. That’s the lure of immortality. All throughout our lives, we strive for wealth, fame, knowledge and happiness. We also long for immortality...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
How To Turn Your Passion for Video Games Into a Flourishing Career
* Not Just A Hobby: You’re passionate about gaming and don’t want it to be just a hobby. You’re dreaming of creating your own video game and launching a career in the gaming industry. You’re not alone — millions of gamers around the world are in the same boat!...
A Sustainable And Scientific Approach Handbook To Positive Productivity
* Recover Fast And Often: If you want to be a productivity machine, there are few things you will have to consider. The first one is the obvious mindset change. That, even if we get distracted for a few moments in a day, all is not lost. We literally can...
Every Child Can Live To Their Ultimate Potential. Help Them With The 3 B’s.
* Early from childhood, our live and our circumstances determine our inherent human potential. For us to become productive and contributing members of society, there are three key factors that should work in our favor. The 3 B’s of reaching our highest...
Whether It’s A Side Gig Or A Business, Here Are Strategies For Every Entrepreneur
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Peer And Parental Expectations. How Not To Crush Your Child’s Self Confidence And Self Esteem.
* Self Confidence Vs. Self Esteem? Wikipedia: The concept of self-confidence is commonly used as self-assurance in one's personal judgment, abilities, power, etc. The definition of self confidence of a child is not unilateral. Its determined based on a...
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Want To Crush It In Life? Start With These Thoughts That Will Help You Shine.
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!