Connection, Meaning, & Impact:
Look at children who’re in deep thought. Especially when they’re tinkering with their toys in the loneliness of their room. Do they feel the same pity and shame we feel when we’re alone during milestone celebrations or community festivals?
Connection gives our life meaning and purpose. It drives us to make an impact and to make a positive difference in the life of those around us. This can be a way you can help and reach out to those as our world comes together in our collective Covid suffering.
Give the gift of time, to those who need the most, from the comfort of your home.
When all is said and done, we’re just all walking each other home. – Ram Dass
Atlanta Area Volunteering Resources:
- Find Local Opportunities To Volunteer: https://www.handsonatlanta.org/
- Best Atlanta Volunteers Meetup Group: https://www.meetup.com/atlantavolunteers/
- Hunger Doesn’t Take A Weekend Off:
- HomeStretch: https://homestretch.org/volunteer/
- Nourish the Hungry:
- The Empty Stocking Fund: https://emptystockingfund.org/
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital:
- International Rescue Committee:
- Donate And Volunteer Services To Atlanta Foster Children:
- Homeless Shelter Directory: Helping The Needy of America:
- Community Assistance Center:
- Great Resource To Find Volunteer Opportunities: https://atlantavolunteers.org/
- Athens Inclusive Recreation and Sports: https://www.facebook.com/AIRSGA/?fref=ts
- Mentor Georgia Youth: https://www.mentoring.org/take-action/become-a-mentor/
- Mentor Young Adults: https://www.idealist.org/en/volunteer?actionType=VOLOP&q=
- Safe House Outreach: https://www.safehouseoutreach.org/
- Roswell Nursing And Rehabilitation:
- Full Plates, Full Hearts:
- North Fulton Community Charities:
- Moving Women From Dependency To Self-Sufficiency:
- Need Help Paying Bills:
- Food Pantries In GA:
- Georgia Free Food Resources:
- Neighborhood Cooperative Ministries:
- Bridging Hope And Opportunity:
- The Atlanta Community Food Bank:
- Family Shelter: https://www.acsatl.org/volunteer/
- Trees ATL: http://www.treesatlanta.org/
- The Atlanta Amnesty International Chapter 75: https://twitter.com/amnestyatlanta
- Finding Safety And Shelter For LGBTQ Youth:
Atlanta Area TEEN Volunteering Opportunities:
- Boys And Girls Club Of Metro Atlanta: https://www.bgcma.org/get-involved/volunteer/#gardening-landscaping
- Social Innovations Academy: http://www.socialinnovationacademy.eu/
- Empowering youth to take action for social good: https://mygivingpoint.org/
Ideas For Donations:
Items Usually Most in Need:
– Peanut butter
– Macaroni & cheese
– Canned Meat (tuna, chicken)
– Dried Milk (1 quart packages)
– Pasta/Pasta Sauce
– Canned Fruit
– Canned Vegetables
– Vegetable Oil
– Dried beans
Other Items That Are Not Perishable:
– Toilet Paper
More Ideas For Virtual Volunteering:
See more HERE.
* * *
Things To Do In Atlanta
* Things To Do In AtlantaQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* Threads of Justice is a group art exhibit centered on social justice. Twelve local Asian American artists imagine an equitable future for our communities using denim jackets as canvases. Their works speak on cultural identity, personal experiences, while...
Part I: Part II: Part III: Part IV: For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group?...
It's the middle of September in Atlanta, and you're watching more than 3000 people running shoulder to shoulder on a long winding road. Everyone is wearing a running bib indicating their number and their commitment to the cause. You're on the sidelines as a...
Looking For Options To Do In ATL? What better way than spend the evening enjoying the beauty of art and story telling! * Johns Creek Books and Gifts:6000 Medlock Bridge Pkwy Suite B500,Johns Creek, GA 30022https://www.johnscreekbooks.com/ Read It...
* Talk about a global impact! The thousands of meals packaged at your Rise Against Hunger Experience will provide nourishment for those who need it most. In Gokwe North, Zimbabwe, there was a school dropout rate of 40% due to socioeconomic challenges from low...
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam I will either find a way, or make one. Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* Things To Do Today:https://creativeloafing.com/ The Moth Live Story Telling:https://themoth.org/events News And Culture:https://www.atlantamagazine.com/Andhttps://www.appenmedia.com/ LEGO® Exhibit In The...
* The Value Of Education: Education for life enables us to live from the heart and with enduring values. Education for life must help us 1. recognize our problems and mistakes and 2. create a plan to correct or mitigate them, so we never encounter the same...
* When you're a writer-at-large, you let life happen to you. That way, you let your eyes steal everything that they see, put a spin on it and spill onto paper / machine some "stream of consciousness" kinda cool stuff. After COVID, life somehow feels throbbing...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!