Why Talk About Values:
Each day, we face decisions that test our patience, our integrity, character and even our peace of mind. When the going gets tough, our values are what will help us continue on our mission. Values are principles that can guide our vision and make our purpose sustainable in life.
Character building has been on the minds of our ancestors as they conquered empires, and also in our modern world on the minds of those who work relentlessly on personal development projects on a daily basis. The question that takes people to the top and keeps them there is, “How can I be at my optimal self always?”
Value System Of Humanity:
So, let’s look at what makes up the value system of humanity. There’s a famous Jewish song that tells us that the world runs on three things. Truth, peace and justice. Greek Philosophy tells us about the 4 virtues of humans. Courage, Temperance, Justice and Wisdom. We often teach our kids the 5 P’s. Be prompt, prepared, present, polite and positive.
The Gita mentions that there are three sets of moral codes for humans for living an optimal life.
1. SELF CONTROL: “Brahmacharya” in all physical aspects
2. NON INJURY: “Ahimsa” in all emotional aspects
3. TRUTHFULNESS: “Satyam” in all intellectual aspects
It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your core values are. ~ Roy Disney
List Of Core Values That Make Up Character:
Belief in Others
There may be moments in life when we are so unformed that we need to use values like an exoskeleton to keep us from collapsing. ~ Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation By Parker J. Palmer
Personal Rules, Core Values & Priorities:
Forgiveness is the key ingredient in developing Self Efficacy. As we work to improve our strengths and skills, we start to feel adequate. We begin to understand our capabilities and our full potential. We become positive, confident and learn to forgive ourselves for our missteps. Unlike with low self-esteem, self-efficacy gives us the ability to take on new challenges because setbacks make us try harder. For inculcating this self believe in children, we must love them for who they are and show them as much. Allowing children to teach younger children helps with boosting their own confidence and develop a strong sense of purpose through contribution.
Living with integrity is freeing. When you live a life of honesty, there’s nothing to fear. Build courage within yourself by living a life of your morals and ethics. To help them develop a sense of moral compass in your own children, ask them questions like: “You find a 100 dollar bill in a busy mall, what will you do?”
For yourself if you want to understand how integrity works, here’s a question you can keep answering anytime you’re faced with a dilemma in life. “It is midnight and you’re driving by yourself on the road, and there’s a stop sign. Just because there’s no one else, would you continue driving, or would you stop and proceed as it is the right thing to do.”
When we get busy with chasing a future fantasy for our lives, small pockets of joy slip away, unnoticed. When we stop to find the extraordinary beauty in the present moment, we’re filled with a poignant sentiment. And that’s gratitude. Instead of coming from a place of scarcity, a gratitude attitude can help us remember how well we’re doing inspite of what we think we lack. It fills us up with abundance, helps lower stress, and improves our relationships. Start today with a “What went well” gratitude journal every night with three things that went well in the day. And, see how life transforms.
Respect And Regard:
Attention is one of the biggest currencies we have in the modern digital world. Even your grandmother doesn’t need your monies, all she needs is a few minutes of your time. And more importantly give regard to others’ civic liberties just as much as you give yours. “Imagine if nobody played a game by the rules. What do you think would happen?” — Martha B. Straus, Ph.D., author of No-Talk Therapy for Children and Adolescents
Kindness And Helpfulness:
It’s the most basic of values that makes us human. ‘Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.’ This quote is simply asking us to be in others’ shoes before we do anything wrong to them. Also positive reciprocity at home and in the community makes life easier for all parties involved.
Benjamin Franklin Mottos:
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The A To Z Of Essential Life Skills
Check Out Our Featured Videos!
Check Out The Latest On Our Blog!
* What Is STEM? According to Live Science, STEM is a combination of four academic disciplines: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These are critical to a child’s education and later adult development. While children tend to believe that...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* Talk about a global impact! The thousands of meals packaged at your Rise Against Hunger Experience will provide nourishment for those who need it most. In Gokwe North, Zimbabwe, there was a school dropout rate of 40% due to socioeconomic challenges from low...
* What The Scriptures Say: A mantra is a potent spiritual sound formula. A mystical sound which not only enchants the mind and helps to make it single-pointed and concentrated, but also being pregnant with ideas, helps purify the mind as well as reveal to us...
* https://youtu.be/pvB_HLJEQ9s * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://nypost.com/2023/09/05/apollo-the-humanoid-robot-starts-moving-boxes-in-warehouses/ ...
* Continued From Part I HERE. * V In 2014, as the school year came to a close at the end of May , as I walked to the bus stop, I felt dreadful at the thought of the huge summer break of 10 weeks that was upon us. Children are a lot of fun, but...
* I As long as I will live or drop dead tomorrow, no one will dispute the fact that I am an ordinary immigrant mother from India with spectacular hopes of raising my children with splendid grades on ALL their mark sheets, regardless of (for me atleast) whether...
* https://youtu.be/GvRJfkE928M * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: The Impact of Pornography on Children's Minds: Main Article: https://www.thefp.com/p/why-are-our-fourth-graders-on-pornhub Other Cited Works:...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!