Why Talk About Values:
Each day, we face decisions that test our patience, our integrity, character and even our peace of mind. When the going gets tough, our values are what will help us continue on our mission. Values are principles that can guide our vision and make our purpose sustainable in life.
Character building has been on the minds of our ancestors as they conquered empires, and also in our modern world on the minds of those who work relentlessly on personal development projects on a daily basis. The question that takes people to the top and keeps them there is, “How can I be at my optimal self always?”
Value System Of Humanity:
So, let’s look at what makes up the value system of humanity. There’s a famous Jewish song that tells us that the world runs on three things. Truth, peace and justice. Greek Philosophy tells us about the 4 virtues of humans. Courage, Temperance, Justice and Wisdom. We often teach our kids the 5 P’s. Be prompt, prepared, present, polite and positive.
The Gita mentions that there are three sets of moral codes for humans for living an optimal life.
1. SELF CONTROL: “Brahmacharya” in all physical aspects
2. NON INJURY: “Ahimsa” in all emotional aspects
3. TRUTHFULNESS: “Satyam” in all intellectual aspects
It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your core values are. ~ Roy Disney
List Of Core Values That Make Up Character:
Belief in Others
Personal Rules, Core Values & Priorities:
Forgiveness is the key ingredient in developing Self Efficacy. As we work to improve our strengths and skills, we start to feel adequate. We begin to understand our capabilities and our full potential. We become positive, confident and learn to forgive ourselves for our missteps. Unlike with low self-esteem, self-efficacy gives us the ability to take on new challenges because setbacks make us try harder. For inculcating this self believe in children, we must love them for who they are and show them as much. Allowing children to teach younger children helps with boosting their own confidence and develop a strong sense of purpose through contribution.
Living with integrity is freeing. When you live a life of honesty, there’s nothing to fear. Build courage within yourself by living a life of your morals and ethics. To help them develop a sense of moral compass in your own children, ask them questions like: “You find a 100 dollar bill in a busy mall, what will you do?”
For yourself if you want to understand how integrity works, here’s a question you can keep answering anytime you’re faced with a dilemma in life. “It is midnight and you’re driving by yourself on the road, and there’s a stop sign. Just because there’s no one else, would you continue driving, or would you stop and proceed as it is the right thing to do.”
When we get busy with chasing a future fantasy for our lives, small pockets of joy slip away, unnoticed. When we stop to find the extraordinary beauty in the present moment, we’re filled with a poignant sentiment. And that’s gratitude. Instead of coming from a place of scarcity, a gratitude attitude can help us remember how well we’re doing inspite of what we think we lack. It fills us up with abundance, helps lower stress, and improves our relationships. Start today with a “What went well” gratitude journal every night with three things that went well in the day. And, see how life transforms.
Respect And Regard:
Attention is one of the biggest currencies we have in the modern digital world. Even your grandmother doesn’t need your monies, all she needs is a few minutes of your time. And more importantly give regard to others’ civic liberties just as much as you give yours. “Imagine if nobody played a game by the rules. What do you think would happen?” — Martha B. Straus, Ph.D., author of No-Talk Therapy for Children and Adolescents
Kindness And Helpfulness:
It’s the most basic of values that makes us human. ‘Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.’ This quote is simply asking us to be in others’ shoes before we do anything wrong to them. Also positive reciprocity at home and in the community makes life easier for all parties involved.
* * *
The A To Z Of Essential Life Skills
Check Out Our Featured Videos!
Check Out The Latest On Our Blog!
Our Coaching Philosophy At FutureSTRONG Academy And Our Goals For Adults To Super Charge Their Potential
* Our Coaching Philosophy: At FutureSTRONG Academy, we believe that everyone of us has unlimited potential. Our mantras, yes we have many, are Personal Accountability and Development, Empathetic Relationship Management, Progress not Perfection, and Intentional...
* * * Here’s an episode of the Show - ALTBollywood - Not Your Average OTT Content - Comic Relief By Fekta Kkkkkapur, where we will roast the sh*t out of Bollywood Celebrities for their fashion and movie choices. I do other things than this, so if you're...
FutureSTRONG Academy Mission: In addition to academic and cognitive education, SECD can help children develop confidence, collaboration, persistence, attentiveness, communication and resilience. In short, SECD helps children by empowering them with new ways to think,...
* HIS DREAMS: In his own words, Sushant Singh Rajput lived by the maxim “Sapne Banate Rahenge Aur Jeete Rahenge”. Translated, it means, I will keep making and living my dreams. Sushant was as meticulous about documenting his dreams as he was about achieving...
* Begin With A Check In: Children come into the classrooms with many barriers for learning. They might be hungry, hurt or just plain afraid. They might not be having a stable home, their parents might be fighting – the reasons might be plenty. The "Check In"...
* Me:Ok class, today... Student:This is stupid. I'd rather be playing video games. Office:*ring* Send (student) to the office. Voicemail:My kid told me that YOU... Email:We need you to sub on your prep. Teacher Coaches:Students are experiencing an all time...
* When Delivering a Speech: Always: INFORMEDUCATEand ENTERTAIN Be: EMOTIONALNOVEL For Verbal Delivery, Modulate Your: RATEVOLUMEPITCHPAUSES * Find your voice and inspire others to do likewise. To find your...
Great Mentors Are Authentic, Self-Aware And Inspire Others To Super Charge Their Potential. Find One Today.
* We need coaches to help us understand how to overcome obstacles. And we need them to help us to see hope where there's none. They are a special fertilizer that can revive the old soil that we're standing on, so we can plant some new ideas. They're there for...
* Here's How Toxic Handlers Navigate Life: Want to solve everyone else's problems but their own. Find it very difficult to say no to themselves and others. Are enablers of others' bad choices and actions. Do not stand up for themselves and wallow in self-pity....
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!