Why Talk About Values:
Each day, we face decisions that test our patience, our integrity, character and even our peace of mind. When the going gets tough, our values are what will help us continue on our mission. Values are principles that can guide our vision and make our purpose sustainable in life.
Character building has been on the minds of our ancestors as they conquered empires, and also in our modern world on the minds of those who work relentlessly on personal development projects on a daily basis. The question that takes people to the top and keeps them there is, “How can I be at my optimal self always?”
Value System Of Humanity:
So, let’s look at what makes up the value system of humanity. There’s a famous Jewish song that tells us that the world runs on three things. Truth, peace and justice. Greek Philosophy tells us about the 4 virtues of humans. Courage, Temperance, Justice and Wisdom. We often teach our kids the 5 P’s. Be prompt, prepared, present, polite and positive.
The Gita mentions that there are three sets of moral codes for humans for living an optimal life.
1. SELF CONTROL: “Brahmacharya” in all physical aspects
2. NON INJURY: “Ahimsa” in all emotional aspects
3. TRUTHFULNESS: “Satyam” in all intellectual aspects
It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your core values are. ~ Roy Disney
List Of Core Values That Make Up Character:
Belief in Others
Personal Rules, Core Values & Priorities:
Forgiveness is the key ingredient in developing Self Efficacy. As we work to improve our strengths and skills, we start to feel adequate. We begin to understand our capabilities and our full potential. We become positive, confident and learn to forgive ourselves for our missteps. Unlike with low self-esteem, self-efficacy gives us the ability to take on new challenges because setbacks make us try harder. For inculcating this self believe in children, we must love them for who they are and show them as much. Allowing children to teach younger children helps with boosting their own confidence and develop a strong sense of purpose through contribution.
Living with integrity is freeing. When you live a life of honesty, there’s nothing to fear. Build courage within yourself by living a life of your morals and ethics. To help them develop a sense of moral compass in your own children, ask them questions like: “You find a 100 dollar bill in a busy mall, what will you do?”
For yourself if you want to understand how integrity works, here’s a question you can keep answering anytime you’re faced with a dilemma in life. “It is midnight and you’re driving by yourself on the road, and there’s a stop sign. Just because there’s no one else, would you continue driving, or would you stop and proceed as it is the right thing to do.”
When we get busy with chasing a future fantasy for our lives, small pockets of joy slip away, unnoticed. When we stop to find the extraordinary beauty in the present moment, we’re filled with a poignant sentiment. And that’s gratitude. Instead of coming from a place of scarcity, a gratitude attitude can help us remember how well we’re doing inspite of what we think we lack. It fills us up with abundance, helps lower stress, and improves our relationships. Start today with a “What went well” gratitude journal every night with three things that went well in the day. And, see how life transforms.
Respect And Regard:
Attention is one of the biggest currencies we have in the modern digital world. Even your grandmother doesn’t need your monies, all she needs is a few minutes of your time. And more importantly give regard to others’ civic liberties just as much as you give yours. “Imagine if nobody played a game by the rules. What do you think would happen?” — Martha B. Straus, Ph.D., author of No-Talk Therapy for Children and Adolescents
Kindness And Helpfulness:
It’s the most basic of values that makes us human. ‘Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.’ This quote is simply asking us to be in others’ shoes before we do anything wrong to them. Also positive reciprocity at home and in the community makes life easier for all parties involved.
Benjamin Franklin Mottos:
* * *
The A To Z Of Essential Life Skills
Check Out Our Featured Videos!
Check Out The Latest On Our Blog!
* * * Here’s the premier episode of the Show - What In The World By Rachana, where we can travel around the world together to see what's happening and if there's anything to learn from what we see and hear. Here's where you can find me, find out HERE. ...
* The below is a story about the taste of freedom, and about the strength of standing against intolerable darkness. * * “Under the Iranian code, the worth of a woman’s life equals half of a man’s, a point that often leads to...
* What is SECD? Ask any parent, and they will tell you that the values of integrity and the ability to stand on their own two feet are some of the most important things they want for their child’s future. They want children to learn to manage their emotions,...
Arangetram – Ascending The Stage – A Showcase Of Years Of Training In The Classical Dance Form Bharatanatyam.
* Shri Gurubhyo namaha. The origin of the word “Bharatanatyam” is a derivative of the four most important aspects of the dance - Bhaavam, or emotion, Ragam, or melody, Talam, meaning Rhythm, and Natyam, meaning dance. Thus, as its name indicates, Bharatanatyam...
* * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited In Video: https://twitter.com/petergyang/status/1573489316147306496 https://futurestrongacademy.com/2017/10/19/how-to-raise-generation-z-in-a-postfigurative-society-2/ ...
* * Ethos: Ethical credibility: ARGUMENT BY CHARACTERa. Fair, b. Knowledgeable, c. Trustworthy d. ConsiderateUsed heavily in advertisingEstablish goodwill.SECRET: Show your virtues Pathos: Emotional appeal: Feelings ARGUMENT BY EMOTIONSFeel connected...
* The below is a story about the taste of freedom, and about the strength of standing against intolerable darkness. * * “Under the Iranian code, the worth of a woman’s life equals half of a man’s, a point that often leads to grotesque...
* *Our Personal Growth Momentum Welcome. You're here because you're interested in self development. It's simple to start. Tell yourself this every day. "A commitment to personal excellence, unwavering grit and relentless perseverance can only take me to...
* The problem with us is not that we cannot manage our time well, it is that we lack passion for our purpose. Let's say we have a looming deadline, and your friends call you to go to a movie. The obvious choice is to stop worrying about the project and just go...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!