It scares me to think, how quickly my memory of the Buffalo racist and hate crime that killed 10 people faded away. I think my brain had to make way for Uvalde, Texas massacre that killed 19 children and 2 adults almost immediately after that. And this is while the funerals of the Buffalo shooting victims are still happening as we speak.
If I feel like this is a burden on me and my children to comprehend such horrors from so far away, I cannot imagine the plight of the parents, the loved ones, the teachers who will live on with PTSD, the school administrators, the first responders and other members of the community who live in close proximity to these events. The burden on school counselors, social workers and the health care system is going to be insurmountable in the coming weeks and months.
Near or far, everyone who has heard or are unfortunately an involuntary part of these tragedies must be treated with love and care. Here are a few resources to adults, students and everyone in the community.
Gun Advocacy Activism And Events:
Once in a while check out your local resources for events near you. Click HERE.
Gun Violence And Mental Health Resources:
TXT 4 HELP – National Safe Place: TXT 4 HELP is a free service offered to all youth in crisis. Text4Help is available 24/7 365 for school students.
On your mobile, type: Text4Help
Text 1-844-201-9946 to be connected to a mental health professional.
Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers:
Find out other Mental Health Resources HERE.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Essays On Life
Why We See Outrage, How Hope Helps And Handling The Stressors Of Life
True heroism is minutes, hours, weeks, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care-with no one there to see or cheer. This is the world. ~ David Foster Wallace
All The Important Terms And Definitions Around College Applications And Admissions
* Early Action: A college admission policy that allows applicants to apply and receive notice of their admission early. Applicants accepted under early action are not under a binding agreement to attend that school and may submit applications to other schools. ...
Free Resources For Financial Aid Scholarships For Teens And College Students Along With Deadlines
* Financial Aid and Scholarship Web Sites: College can be expensive. It is important that you understand all of the resources that are available to you and your family. Below we have listed great resources to help you map out your financial aid plan. Always...
Digital Citizenship: What It Is, How To Learn It, And The Resources You Need
* Technological Literacy or Digital Citizenship is the wealth of knowledge that we all need in order to be good citizens of the digital age. We all have a playbook for how to live in the real world, and digital citizenship guidelines allow us to understand the...
14 Powerful Quotes From The Book, The Big Disconnect – Sustainable Family For The Digital Age
* Quotable Quotes From The Big Disconnect: Excerpts From the book, The Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age By Catherine Steiner-Adair EdD. It's a powerful reminder to understand how to protect childhood and family...
What Are Brain Breaks And Why Does Everyone Need Them?
* Brain breaks or mental speed bumps are focused attention activities that give brains a break from intense mentally challenging lessons children are expected to learn every day. They are good for us adults too because so much is expected out of us each day....
Why Fear Death When It Can Be The Biggest Motivator Of All
* Our Relationship With Immortality: People who don’t know what to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon want to live forever. That’s the lure of immortality. All throughout our lives, we strive for wealth, fame, knowledge and happiness. We also long for immortality...
A To Z About Tech Behavioral Disorders, Managing Addictions, And Their Impact On Relationships And Productivity
* Our digital landscape is changing day after day. And here are some urgent burning questions along with their answers. Please click below to learn more. 1) Why is Technology Addiction or Digital Addiction a problem at all? Can’t I have my hobby or interest? 2)...
Understanding Relationship Etiquette In A World Of Faceless Usernames And Two Dimensional Emojis
* How We Learnt FOMO: Listen, I have nothing against technology. I can turn on and off the lights in my house from 200 miles away if I need to. During the pandemic, we bought a new car without ever stepping out of the house. What’s more, I don't have to wait...
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
A Whole Family Digital Health Reset Is Just A Few Action Steps Away
* Signs of Parental Anguish: Children and adults are using screens as a coping mechanism. There's a lot of technoference in our lives and we are having to combat it constantly. This is our new normal from the past decade in familial and professional settings....
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!