Our Attitude About Our Emotions:
Of all the lessons, I hope to impart in my children, there’s one special one that I love. Even if they don’t retain anything I have told them over the years, there is this one piece of advice I want them to follow each day.
“Whether it is happiness or extreme stress, reduce the time of your emotional reaction about it.” That’s it. That’s the lesson.
Balancing The Dichotomy Of Life:
And how can we put this into action? No matter how life is at any given point of time, exhilarating or excruciating, it’s helpful to always find our baseline quickly. After all, everything in life is momentous. One minute you are on top of the Everest and the next minute you hear news that you mother has passed away. So, how can you maintain equanimity?
Recalibration And Reconciliation:
Here are a few reminders about reconciliating life and all the things it throws at us.
1. There will always be soul crushing insecurity. It’s been named Existential angst by our ancestors.
2. There will always be lost causes. Move on and try better and harder.
3. At some point, you will have to stop “figuring it all out”. And go with the flow.
4. You can conclusively complete any task especially if it involves a second party. No possible ending to anything in life unless point of no return (death).
5. For some things there can be no answers. And its ok. That’s how it is meant to be.
6. Everything is a learned behavior. Even what you think of yourself based on others’ opinion.
7. Every excuse is valid not just for you but for everyone else too. Everyone is trying their best. So, give yourself and others grace.
Thoughts To Ponder On:
“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; for it becomes your destiny. – Upanishads”
For more life changing quotes and thoughts, head over HERE.
* * *
CLARITY - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CLARITY as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.