Our Attention Under Attack:
How the world is right now and what is happening to us as a result:
1. We are making more decisions than ever.
2. Our attention is under unprecedented attack.
3. We are suffering from a personal energy crisis.
With today’s technology-enabled unstoppable flow of everything coming at us, we can often feel so worn out and tired that we face our own personal energy crisis. We can’t muster the mental energy to think clearly and, in a knowledge-work world, that is a problem.
From Mediocre To Extraordinary:
Our premise is that everyone has the capability to do extraordinary work. Everyone has the potential to go to bed at the end of the day feeling satisfied and accomplished. We’re just getting caught up in all the content we want to screen suck out of the internet.
But, if we want to be extraordinary, and become worthy of likes and views, here are three areas we must need to increase our capabilities:
- Decision management
- Attention management
- Energy management
In The Real World, Regrets Abound:
Feel like someone wronged you? Feel like you could take back words you spoke? There are so many regrets we experience in our daily life, but what good will it do if we continue to ruminate on these things. We can’t have a retake on life anyway. What has passed has passed. Forgive and forget, and move on. It’s a self-preservation technique.
At the end of the day, life is a matter of interpretation. You can’t deny the things that happen to you, especially the ones over which you have no control over. So, learn from your experiences, and understand that you’re stronger because of what has happened to you, and not worse of. After all, having a great perspective is a self-preservation technique.
Read more HERE.
How To Self Preserve Like A Boss:
1. Become intentional about your daily life. Don’t let others take you away from your priorities.
2. Reduce the reaction time of your responses. Whatever the situation, good or bad, quickly calibrate it, arrive at a decision one way or the other and move on.
3. Remember your mortality. However ominous or brooding this sounds, we are not going to be here forever. But, we act like we will. That’s the problem, don’t postpone your audacious plans and bold dreams for tomorrow.
4. Eat the frog. Really read about what we mean HERE. Once you do that, everything else will be a piece of cake. Read more about it HERE.
5. Schedule tech free times, down time on your calendar. Create an environment that doesn’t encourage multitasking and distraction addictions. Don’t check messages until you know you have time to respond.
6. Give yourself brownie points. By that we mean, relax and restore yourself so you are reenergized between important tasks and meetings. Don’t let your family be the victim of your burnout at the end a long day.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Digital Literacy Project: Disrupting humanity’s technology addiction habits one truth at a time.
Truth About Technology – A Digital Literacy Project
* The Good Citizen Initiative: We raise our teens with the singular goal of making them college application ready. But, in a world where every child is on the honor roll, young adults who are equipped with making big decisions now will thrive both in their...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* Continued From Part I: Find it HERE. * QUESTION III: What are some ways that educators can integrate Al in their STEM teaching? Please give specific ideas and examples. Sometimes, tools that we as teachers want to use might be blocked by the...
* QUESTION I: How has AI made an impact in K-12 education in general and in your learning environment specifically? AI is helping us take a critical look at how we're doing things and also is helping us by taking some load off of us. Let's dive in. AI is so new...
* What Is STEM? According to Live Science, STEM is a combination of four academic disciplines: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These are critical to a child’s education and later adult development. While children tend to believe that...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* https://youtu.be/pvB_HLJEQ9s * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://nypost.com/2023/09/05/apollo-the-humanoid-robot-starts-moving-boxes-in-warehouses/ ...
* https://youtu.be/GvRJfkE928M * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: The Impact of Pornography on Children's Minds: Main Article: https://www.thefp.com/p/why-are-our-fourth-graders-on-pornhub Other Cited Works:...
* Part II: Continued from PART II HERE. * Signs Of Mental Health Issues: For some anxiety can be the "force that's pushing me about everything that's wrong." Then there's the sexual assault horrors that we are made aware of. "My ex boyfriend...
* Part I: Continued from PART I HERE. * Kids And Teens Speak Up: Kids and adolescents deal with mental health challenges differently. Kids want to isolate, and not tell anyone. Because in their little brains, things can be confusing and if...
* Sierra Nevada As A Witness: On the lookout point called Mirador de San Nicolás, I stood on the side waiting for someone to click a picture of our family. Our backdrop would be the Alhambra (one of the most famous monuments of Islamic architecture located in...
* The Evolution Of Work: The workforce is going to be impacted by three major areas of change and growth. Workforce transformation: From Baby boomers to Gen Z, there are many generations now in the workforce working next to each other. Tech modernization And...
* The Short Answer, Yes. Read along. * Life Back Then: Emotionally available parents Less choices and options Clearly defined expectations Summer jobs and daily chores Adequate sleep and less processed food Movement and outdoors Creative play,...
* Here's an amusing fact about our lives. The intent behind every act of ours is either in anticipation of permanent relief or temporary alleviation of some sorrow. It's funny, isn't it? At a personal level when something or someone is giving us grief, it's...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* When sitting, the electrical activity in our leg muscles shuts off, calorie consumption drops to one per minute, enzymes breaking down fat decrease by 90 percent and good cholesterol drops by approximately ten percent per hour of sitting. Sounds pretty...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!