Problem Solving 101:
Let me tell you a story. There was once a guy who was in pain. Wherever he touched himself, it hurt. He felt he was in big trouble, he must be dying, otherwise why would he hurt so bad? He decided to get himself checked out. A doctor examined him thoroughly. He declared, “Well you’re doomed. Your finger is broken!” Of course, the guy chuckled, but realized his mistake immediately.
Many times in life, just like that guy, we don’t realize that we are part of the problem. Our outlook and our attitude towards what is happening to us is usually the problem.
So, what is perspective and how can it help with our problems? Perspective is our personal point of view. And how do we arrive at deciding which event or situation is good or bad? We process situations and conclude how we feel about them based on comparisons from our previous experiences and how we understand life around us. Comparison enhances the context, that’s why we understand good as good because we also have seen that evil exists. We know beauty as beauty, because we’ve experienced ugliness.
Same goes with virtues vs. sins, and even at the basic hot vs. cold.
Why Is Perspective Important?
Taking a 35,000 feet view of any scenario helps us with our long term goals. Instead of getting bogged down by the current minor setbacks, we can look at the bigger picture and strive to keep moving forward.
If your life boils down to 936 marbles in a jar for every weekend you have assuming you will live until 80, what really does matter at the end of the day?
How Perspective Matters:
Our thoughts, emotions, opinions, beliefs and how we perceive our truth determine how we will act next. Be ready to learn, adopt a few new ways, and a wider perspective offers us endless possibilities when we feel stuck in a difficult situation.
A new perspective is literally looking at everything with a fresh set of eyes. It is looking at every setback not as a failure but as a situation to be overcome. Think about this, when good things happen to us, we never ask ourselves, “Why me?” So in the same way, when things don’t work out for us, we must continue to forge ahead instead of asking ourselves “Why me?”
Problem Solving 101:
After All, It’s Your Life:
In the end, life is a matter of interpretation. It can be a comedic circus or an unbearable chore depending on how you see it. You can choose to navigate speed bumps with the right attitude or get caught up in sink holes while sweating all the small stuff.
You can’t deny the things that happen to you, especially the ones over which you have no control over. So, learn from your experiences, and understand that you’re stronger because of what has happened to you, and not worse of. After all, having a great perspective is a self-preservation technique. And one situation can have multiple outcomes, and not necessarily the one that we prefer the most.
How To Get An Open Perspective:
Understand our role in the world, through our resources, we must contribute, make a positive impact and plan to leave a legacy for others to follow. Instead of that, we start developing attachments to family, career, business, and our materialistic pleasures – like our phones, wifi passwords etc.
Let’s say you’re caught up in a terrible situation of your own doing or something out of your control. It’s a situation right now, it will become a problem if not addressed immediately and will spiral into a crisis if you ignore it. Also, it’s important to manage your frame of mind. How will this issue matter 24 hours from now, and 24 years from now?
And if you still feel someone else has wronged you to put in the current situation you’re in, then you must read this. Because, even your mom doesn’t owe you a thing.
Fighting Covid Is Only Possible With The Right Perspective:
Read more HERE.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Get The Skills
Skills You Will Need To Become A Great Problem Solver
Self Efficacy: How The Belief In Yourself Is The First Step Towards Goal Setting
* What Is Self Efficacy: The American Psychological Association defines Self-efficacy this way. "Self-efficacy refers to an individual's belief in his or her capacity to execute behaviors necessary to produce specific performance attainments (Bandura, 1977,...
Why Fear Death When It Can Be The Biggest Motivator Of All
* Our Relationship With Immortality: People who don’t know what to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon want to live forever. That’s the lure of immortality. All throughout our lives, we strive for wealth, fame, knowledge and happiness. We also long for immortality...
A To Z About Tech Behavioral Disorders, Managing Addictions, And Their Impact On Relationships And Productivity
* Our digital landscape is changing day after day. And here are some urgent burning questions along with their answers. Please click below to learn more. 1) Why is Technology Addiction or Digital Addiction a problem at all? Can’t I have my hobby or interest? 2)...
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
Run, Hide Or Fight. Is That What Our Sweet America Has Come Down To?
* Our Nation Right Now: As I shopped at our local hardware store this morning, I was vary of fellow shoppers around me. I was watchful of the cars that were coming and going as I crossed the street from my parked car. There's something on my mind right now....
Training In Social Media Literacy Important Before Use Of Any Platform, Warns American Psychological Association (APA).
* https://youtu.be/p09IsNxhBxg * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.apa.org/topics/social-media-internet/health-advisory-adolescent-social-media-use * How We Engage Online: Lack of...
What Is Cyberloafing And How Does It Impact Our Productivity At Life And Work?
* We’ve Been Click Baited: Cyberloafing is staying glued to the internet for hours on end. It is the act of searching and scrolling through content whether we have an urgent need for it or not. It is where we are searching for random things online. Chances are...
Hit Hard By Chronic Loneliness? Here’s How To Take Charge And Help Yourself.
The Antidote To Loneliness Yes, there is joy, fulfillment, and companionship, but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering. ~ Sylvia Plath Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
A Sustainable And Scientific Approach Handbook To Positive Productivity
* Recover Fast And Often: If you want to be a productivity machine, there are few things you will have to consider. The first one is the obvious mindset change. That, even if we get distracted for a few moments in a day, all is not lost. We literally can...
Every Child Can Live To Their Ultimate Potential. Help Them With The 3 B’s.
* Early from childhood, our live and our circumstances determine our inherent human potential. For us to become productive and contributing members of society, there are three key factors that should work in our favor. The 3 B’s of reaching our highest...
The Genius Of Solving Problems Like How Children Do
* Solving Problems Like Children: Pause and look around if you’re living with your children or lucky enough to watch them ride by on their scooters outside your window. After all, they're famous for living their lives in the moment. Here's how children...
Whether It’s A Side Gig Or A Business, Here Are Strategies For Every Entrepreneur
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Want To Crush It In Life? Start With These Thoughts That Will Help You Shine.
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!