Parenting For Courage:
All day, everyday, we give our children plenty of opportunities, but we don’t give them enough time and space to reflect on their experiences. We want to be protective, encouraging and caring without thought of how we’re making our children powerless. So, read along and find out ways to build resilience, self confidence and unstoppable courage in your children.
If a child is scared of the dark, parents usually say: “I’m right outside the door” or “Come sleep with me in my bed.” But these are accommodations and they lead to increased anxiety. It’s like telling your child, “you can’t do this, so I’m going to help you.”
Empower your children by encouraging them to face their anxieties rather than flee them. This will help them learn to deal with stressors and develop the ability to cope with them. Build courage in them by showing them how to live a life of integrity, morals and ethics. Ultimately, understanding the difference between right and wrong, and that its their choice how they want to live their life, is their ticket to freedom. To help them develop a sense of moral compass, ask them questions like: “You find a 100 dollar bill in a busy mall, what will you do?”
Here are some Micros of Parenting that we must help our children learn before they leave the house for college.
a. Post a package.
b. Make a reservation at a restaurant.
c. Prices of essential goods.
d. Read a map.
e. Drive a car.
f. Change a tire.
g. Home remedies.
h. Clean the house.
i. Cook for surviving.
j. IDs and Imp documents.
k. Change a light bulb.
l. Book flights.
m. Things that can kill you.
n. Do taxes, basic banking.
p. Doing laundry, sewing.
If you’re looking to build a whole child, here are the areas of development you must focus on.
Parents Here Are Words And Actions That Can Help Propel Your Child’s Self Confidence
Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
The Golden words that every child should hear:
As adults, we don’t consciously draw a line at where we will stop in pushing our children. Its when we as parents don’t strike a balance with our expectations, our children suffer.
Once in a while, tell your child, “Sweetheart, you’re good enough.” Irrespective of whether they seem to be listening or not, tell your child over and over again, “I believe in you. My goal is to see you realize your highest potential.”
Here are a few strategies that we can practice while enabling our children to follow their potential and achieve their goals.
Read them HERE.
* * *
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
* Here's an amusing fact about our lives. The intent behind every act of ours is either in anticipation of permanent relief or temporary alleviation of some sorrow. It's funny, isn't it? At a personal level when something or someone is giving us grief, it's...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* When sitting, the electrical activity in our leg muscles shuts off, calorie consumption drops to one per minute, enzymes breaking down fat decrease by 90 percent and good cholesterol drops by approximately ten percent per hour of sitting. Sounds pretty...
* Our True Aspirations: If I ask you what you want in life, you might say, recognition, a handsome income, and a comfortable life. But, what about the most important reason why any of the things we want in life matter? Our personal freedom. Don't believe me?...
* How Teens Think: As kids turn into teens, they are ruled by physiological changes they’re undergoing and as a result their decisions are governed by emotions. That makes them seem less predictable, volatile and moody. They are constantly judging themselves,...
* What Is Earthing: "There are many ways to fight chronic inflammation, including pinpointing the symptoms and adopting an anti-inflammatory diet. And some even believe it could be as simple as kicking off our shoes and frolicking barefoot through the grass....
* What’s A Text / Tech Neck? Wikipedia identifies the most painful physical side effect of mobile use. Text neck is the term used to describe the neck pain and damage sustained from looking down at your cell phone, tablet, or other wireless devices too...
* If it was upto our children, they would eat pizza for breakfast, play with the water hose all afternoon and eat cookies and milk for dinner. They won't compare themselves to anyone and they don't worry about anyone judging them. That's how simple their...
* Here are a series of Strength essays by teenagers in a school in inner city Atlanta. * * * * * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world...
* As teachers and coaches, we all find ourselves in a situation where we must engage and connect with the kids in our care. Here are a few questions that will help as icebreakers when we need to get to know others. 1. In your opinion, what animal is the...
* What Is Robotics? Robotics for kids is a hands-on and fun way for kids to learn STEM concepts by letting them make their robots move, turn and use sensors. Robotics teaches kids how to program robots and machines to be intelligent and perform a number of...
* Peace Or Possessions? As we age, we increasingly understand what truly matters in life. Not material wealth, not expensive jackets, not even real estate property that we carefully and deliberately acquired. As such, it is also increasingly difficult to let go...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!