Parenting For Courage:
All day, everyday, we give our children plenty of opportunities, but we don’t give them enough time and space to reflect on their experiences. We want to be protective, encouraging and caring without thought of how we’re making our children powerless. So, read along and find out ways to build resilience, self confidence and unstoppable courage in your children.
If a child is scared of the dark, parents usually say: “I’m right outside the door” or “Come sleep with me in my bed.” But these are accommodations and they lead to increased anxiety. It’s like telling your child, “you can’t do this, so I’m going to help you.”
Empower your children by encouraging them to face their anxieties rather than flee them. This will help them learn to deal with stressors and develop the ability to cope with them. Build courage in them by showing them how to live a life of integrity, morals and ethics. Ultimately, understanding the difference between right and wrong, and that its their choice how they want to live their life, is their ticket to freedom. To help them develop a sense of moral compass, ask them questions like: “You find a 100 dollar bill in a busy mall, what will you do?”
Here are some Micros of Parenting that we must help our children learn before they leave the house for college.
a. Post a package.
b. Make a reservation at a restaurant.
c. Prices of essential goods.
d. Read a map.
e. Drive a car.
f. Change a tire.
g. Home remedies.
h. Clean the house.
i. Cook for surviving.
j. IDs and Imp documents.
k. Change a light bulb.
l. Book flights.
m. Things that can kill you.
n. Do taxes, basic banking.
p. Doing laundry, sewing.
If you’re looking to build a whole child, here are the areas of development you must focus on.
Parents Here Are Words And Actions That Can Help Propel Your Child’s Self Confidence
Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
The Golden words that every child should hear:
As adults, we don’t consciously draw a line at where we will stop in pushing our children. Its when we as parents don’t strike a balance with our expectations, our children suffer.
Once in a while, tell your child, “Sweetheart, you’re good enough.” Irrespective of whether they seem to be listening or not, tell your child over and over again, “I believe in you. My goal is to see you realize your highest potential.”
Here are a few strategies that we can practice while enabling our children to follow their potential and achieve their goals.
Read them HERE.
* * *
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
7 Habits of Highly Successful Teens
* 7 Areas Of Growth: Here are 7 areas in which teens can work to improve their ultimate potential. 1. Organization2. Time management3. Skill growth4. Mindset management5. Stress management6. Sleep management7. Screen distraction management * Top Mindsets...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
How Positive Action Can Curb The Epidemic Of Gun Violence And Mass Shootings
Ahimsa - The Principle Of Non Violence Gun Safety Laws To Curb Mass Shootings “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.”— David Hogg, cofounder and board member at March For Our LivesQuestions, just...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
Run, Hide Or Fight. Is That What Our Sweet America Has Come Down To?
* Our Nation Right Now: As I shopped at our local hardware store this morning, I was vary of fellow shoppers around me. I was watchful of the cars that were coming and going as I crossed the street from my parked car. There's something on my mind right now....
Is It OK To Allow My Child To Play Roblox? ~ Answered.
* Is Roblox Safe? Hello Parents, if you are one of those who is wondering if Roblox is a safe and enriching game for your children, here are a few key points to consider. I have broken them down into three categories. First build Awareness about the eco...
Legalization Of Marijuana Will Not Help The Teen Mental Health Epidemic. Studies Prove It.
* Effects of Marijuana and How Parents can Help: Why is it important for parents to be informed about marijuana? Young people who use marijuana are 4 to 7 times more likely than adults to become addicted to marijuana; however, the longer teens and young...
The Effects Of Menopause On The Brain And Causes For Inflammation, Brain Fog And Neurodegeneration
* https://youtu.be/r8Wtrg8aIfE * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01474-3 * Book Recommendations: What Fresh Hell Is This?: Perimenopause, Menopause, Other...
Training In Social Media Literacy Important Before Use Of Any Platform, Warns American Psychological Association (APA).
* https://youtu.be/p09IsNxhBxg * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.apa.org/topics/social-media-internet/health-advisory-adolescent-social-media-use * How We Engage Online: Lack of...
What Is Cyberloafing And How Does It Impact Our Productivity At Life And Work?
* We’ve Been Click Baited: Cyberloafing is staying glued to the internet for hours on end. It is the act of searching and scrolling through content whether we have an urgent need for it or not. It is where we are searching for random things online. Chances are...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!