Parenting For Courage:
All day, everyday, we give our children plenty of opportunities, but we don’t give them enough time and space to reflect on their experiences. We want to be protective, encouraging and caring without thought of how we’re making our children powerless. So, read along and find out ways to build resilience, self confidence and unstoppable courage in your children.
If a child is scared of the dark, parents usually say: “I’m right outside the door” or “Come sleep with me in my bed.” But these are accommodations and they lead to increased anxiety. It’s like telling your child, “you can’t do this, so I’m going to help you.”
Empower your children by encouraging them to face their anxieties rather than flee them. This will help them learn to deal with stressors and develop the ability to cope with them. Build courage in them by showing them how to live a life of integrity, morals and ethics. Ultimately, understanding the difference between right and wrong, and that its their choice how they want to live their life, is their ticket to freedom. To help them develop a sense of moral compass, ask them questions like: “You find a 100 dollar bill in a busy mall, what will you do?”
Here are some Micros of Parenting that we must help our children learn before they leave the house for college.
a. Post a package.
b. Make a reservation at a restaurant.
c. Prices of essential goods.
d. Read a map.
e. Drive a car.
f. Change a tire.
g. Home remedies.
h. Clean the house.
i. Cook for surviving.
j. IDs and Imp documents.
k. Change a light bulb.
l. Book flights.
m. Things that can kill you.
n. Do taxes, basic banking.
p. Doing laundry, sewing.
If you’re looking to build a whole child, here are the areas of development you must focus on.
Parents Here Are Words And Actions That Can Help Propel Your Child’s Self Confidence
Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
The Golden words that every child should hear:
As adults, we don’t consciously draw a line at where we will stop in pushing our children. Its when we as parents don’t strike a balance with our expectations, our children suffer.
Once in a while, tell your child, “Sweetheart, you’re good enough.” Irrespective of whether they seem to be listening or not, tell your child over and over again, “I believe in you. My goal is to see you realize your highest potential.”
Here are a few strategies that we can practice while enabling our children to follow their potential and achieve their goals.
Read them HERE.
* * *
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
* From The Academic World To The Workforce: Entering the workforce straight out of high school can be both exciting and daunting. As you transition from the academic sphere into the professional world, it's crucial to consider a range of factors that can...
* The Good Citizen Initiative: We raise our teens with the singular goal of making them college application ready. But, in a world where every child is on the honor roll, young adults who are equipped with making big decisions now will thrive both in their...
When Life Happens, You Write When you’re a writer-at-large, you let life happen to you. That way, you let your eyes steal everything that they see, put a spin on it and spill onto paper / machine some “stream of consciousness” kinda cool stuff. And if I am a...
* https://youtu.be/y9ChCzYFiSg * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: Survey Can Be Found HERE: https://www.nemours.org/well-beyond-medicine/what-s-worrying-america-s-kids-survey.html...
* EYE HUNGER Eye hunger is triggered by food that you see. It can be other people who are eating, food that you see on the table or counter, seeing adverts, recipes and pictures of food. Other examples are food displays in delis, markets, restaurants or...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Continued From Part I: Find it HERE. * QUESTION III: What are some ways that educators can integrate Al in their STEM teaching? Please give specific ideas and examples. Sometimes, tools that we as teachers want to use might be blocked by the...
* QUESTION I: How has Al made an impact in K-12 education in general and in your learning environment specifically? AI is helping us take a critical look at how we're doing things and also is helping us by taking some load off of us. Let's dive in. AI is so new...
* What Is STEM? According to Live Science, STEM is a combination of four academic disciplines: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These are critical to a child’s education and later adult development. While children tend to believe that...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!