Why Share Or Care:
“Best friends are better than pocket money.” I heard this from a Jamaican Car salesman when I went car shopping a couple of years ago. And it got me thinking.
Among all life skills, the spirit of collaboration (sharing, caring, losing/winning, compromising & complimenting), among peers and even among competitors can help spur rapid growth in human advancement.
But, when was the last time we shared our ideas, wisdom and knowledge and got some really cool ideas, wisdom and knowledge in return?
Ideals Or Ideologies:
You know why festivities were created? To sustain humanity and our belief in our one another. So, today, can we start with a blank sheet without having to endorse feminism, religion, racism, sexism, war, greed, genocide, politics, violence and terrorism?
When we’re all the same and have the same potential, what’s the need to belong to any ideology?
On Violence and Brutality:
The coldest places on earth that cannot grow a twig are no match for the coldness of the heart. The scab behind the ear is far less dirty than the blackness of the human heart.
There are forces of human acting against you. So, play your part. Cheapen everyone else’s resolve with your magnanimity. The need for peace, acceptance and the longingness to be appreciated are universal.
Violence, brutality, oppression, mass murders, being unkind –These are not subconscious choices of the mind. It is not even the order of the world. Eating, sleeping, procrastination, retrospection without consequences, mortality – this is.
In An Individualistic World, Our Success Is Collective:
Whatever we want our definition of success and achievement to be, we cannot succeed without the support, guidance and faith of those surrounding us. It’s true that we’re products of the positive forces in our environment.
Our success as a society in fact depends largely on how we can all work towards tapping into the strengths of one another thereby elevating the overall cognitive diversity to solve a set problem.
So, let’s start giving more importance to how we all connect, communicate and collaborate effectively – in real life.
Societies Can Make Or Break Us:
Divorce, drugs, death can destroy childhood and ravage families. Homelessness is essentially the loss of a great dream that we all have for ourselves – of not just covering the basics like food, clothing and shelter, but to be able to thrive beyond our wildest imagination.
Parental neglect, failing schools and no one to teach our children consequential thinking – the idea that our choices now will determine our destiny – are preventable reasons for homelessness. The rising costs of housing, health care, and the risk of unemployment are other societal factors.
But, here’s the thing. So many of us, and so many sparks of madness. Why can’t we call live together in our own extraordinary ways?
We get mad, we forget, we argue, we envy, we procrastinate, we forgive, we love. That’s what makes us similar. And, that’s why we can be friends.
We can all choose to learn from each other and grow emotionally and intellectually if only we have the patience and willingness to understand others.
Can Autonomy Trump Collaboration?
Of all the spokes of mental wellness, after self-care comes relationship care. As we become adults, society’s idea of being “independent and successful” is that somehow, we must become autonomous creatures.
Seeking refuge in someone is not a sign of weakness, it’s the most courageous thing to do. Because asking for help and advice and not just seeking attention demands us to be vulnerable.
Also, our life spans are getting longer and at some point, life can get lonely without a positive and nurturing partner to share it with.
Relationships fall apart mainly because of lack of respect, acknowledgement and genuineness. What’s more, trying to survive in a bad relationship is bad for your physical and mental health, and is associated with a shorter life span. Millennials, if this feels like we’re making a case for marriage, oh yes, we are. ;)
How are you nurturing the relationships in your life?
Why Do We Need To Remind Ourselves Of Our Kindness?
Once a year, our world celebrates The World Kindness Day. It’s sad that we’ve to have a day marked for kindness so we can all recalibrate and reevaluate our personal kindness quotient for our fellow beings. If everyone of us kind to the rest of our family members and our inner circle of friends, we would not have come to this. Wish we were all just unequivocal in telling our loved ones how much they mean to us.
In the end, let’s try to find out what is our inherent Viveka (The Sanskrit word for Discretion)? To understand that maintaining conflict is harder than not maintaining conflict.
Just not for today, but for every day, remember this. Just be nice, please. And life’s too unpredictable to plan sometimes. Be spontaneous. Visit grandpa today.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
* What Is A Difficult Conversation? One of the top reasons why we procrastinate when it comes to relationships is our inability to have difficult conversations. Especially, if it involves discussing a topic of concern that might irreversibly alter the status...
* Parenting that is warm, emotionally connected, and not authoritarian, overly involved, intrusive, or needy. A strong family identity that still respects individual differences. Parents who understand the limits of their influence and that children need their...
* Stories are used to sell important ideas. Even companies selling yogurt have their origin story on the marketing label as a way to connect with potential customers - complete with green pastuers, beautiful cows - you get the drift. Stories help us connect...
* We all carry baggages of “what-ifs” and “what-else’s” with us, and at the same time give ourselves unlimited freedom to judge ourselves. Will we stop and call the stranger on the street all the names we call ourselves? Then, why do we think we can do that to...
* Relationship Building With Children: We all know that relationship building is a slow process. But, sometimes, we try to go for the quick fixes, like using methods that can seem to control our unruly children right away. Even though disciplinary tactics work...
* Growing up, there was tons of inspiration around me. Some of it came from what I read about the greatest people that lived or were living and doing unimaginable things. And other inspiration came from those around me, who were always trying to do their best,...
* Imagine this. You are a teacher and you have the attentive listening ears of little minds all around you. How much personal power does that garner for you? As a teacher you can run a classroom where students can learn how to learn about all the things that...
* So many parents come to us with this idea."My children are doing great at school. I don't think you have anything to offer them." And here is what we tell them.We're not fixing anything, we're simply building on top of their academic skills. That's because...
* As parents, we’re constantly fretting over which after school programs are best for our children, and what the right activities are for their interests. Should they engage in academic or social enrichment? Do we have them complete math worksheets or spend...
* Organization for Social Media Safety: Here's the story of how teens, social media and drugs collided in the online world resulting in absolute destruction. This is the story of Sammy. And here's what Sammy's mom wrote on her Facebook wall about her son. "As...
* Natural Born Learners: Children are born with enormous curiosity, an eagerness to learn and a strong will to solve problems. Because of this, they can be very easily taught how to think, learn and behave. Children can be taught to appreciate what they have,...
* How We Learnt FOMO: Listen, I have nothing against technology. I can turn on and off the lights in my house from 200 miles away if I need to. During the pandemic, we bought a new car without ever stepping out of the house. What’s more, I don't have to wait...
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
The Antidote To Loneliness Yes, there is joy, fulfillment, and companionship, but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering. ~ Sylvia Plath Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
* Recover Fast And Often: If you want to be a productivity machine, there are few things you will have to consider. The first one is the obvious mindset change. That, even if we get distracted for a few moments in a day, all is not lost. We literally can...
Read Below Posts From Our Awesome Guest Bloggers Write For Us And Inspire People To Action!Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* Times Are A Changing: This is what we were hearing from companies in 2019 about their top 5 soft skills they needed the most. 1. Creativity2. Persuasion3. Collaboration4. Adaptability5. Time ManagementSource: LinkedIn, 2019 Times have changed post...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!