Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
I Am Lonely:
Adam Maier-Clayton was a Right to die activist from Canada. And a few years ago he committed suicide. Before his death, he was fighting the legislation to allow mentally ill people to die with dignity. He was finally compelled to kill himself because of chronic unbearable pain and because he couldn’t wait long enough to change the thoughts of law makers. His Twitter profile, which is still active, shows how he would reach out to people when he felt lonely.
“Can’t sleep due to pain. Anyone want to talk on audio for a few?”
“Anyone want to Skype for 5min? I’ve barely spoken to anybody all day due to pain.”
The Greatest Gift:
Imagine what you’re grandmother might want. Nope, not your monies, not a trip to a fancy restaurant, not even the costliest clothes money can buy. But, if you said the gift of my time and attention, you’re right.
Loneliness is a funny thing. See, people who’ve been “a solid relationship” can still be painfully lonely. While solitude, on the other hand, is an intentional luxury. But, unlike solitude, we often don’t like being lonely, for the fear of being bored out of our minds.
Give Time & Attention To The Desperate:
This is a place where you can volunteer your language skills. Your voice can literally be the help refugees in need of humanitarian assistance with language barriers are seeking.
Give career advice to underrepresented students as they try to navigate college and life beyond.
This is a free, online platform to tutor and counsel low-income students. Volunteer here and teach math and much more.
AARP’S FRIENDLY VOICE
The elderly are the most at risk of isolation and abandonment as we strive to navigate our daily struggles. Pick up the phone to have a friendly conversation with lonely seniors.
THE TREVOR PROJECT
This is a crisis-intervention line especially for offering support and comfort to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
REACH OUT AND READ
The #ReadTogether challenge helps children understand the effects of the pandemic in a healthy and supportive way.
Connection, Meaning, & Impact:
Look at children who’re in deep thought. Especially when they’re tinkering with their toys in the loneliness of their room. Do they feel the same pity and shame we feel when we’re alone during milestone celebrations or community festivals?
Connection gives our life meaning and purpose. It drives us to make an impact and to make a positive difference in the life of those around us. This can be a way you can help and reach out to those as our world comes together in our collective Covid suffering.
Give the gift of time, to those who need the most, from the comfort of your home.
Virtual Volunteering Resources:
- Tips To Help With Cyberbullying: https://www.sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/resources/preventing-cyberbullying/
- Help the United Nations: https://www.onlinevolunteering.org/en
- Catalog The British Library: https://www.libcrowds.com/
- Scribe for Smithsonian: https://transcription.si.edu/instructions
- Become a Citizen Scientist for NASA: https://science.nasa.gov/citizenscience
- Write to those in need: https://www.writeoncampaign.com/write-to-those-in-need
- Help first responders: https://www.missingmaps.org/
- #EveryoneEats!: https://www.linkedin.com/company/re-plate/
- Resources Website: https://www.ourkidsseries.org/the-project/educational-resources/
- Sign Up: https://signup.com/
Atlanta Area Volunteering Resources:
- Lost and Found Youth: https://lnfy.org/youth-center/
Atlanta Area TEEN Volunteering Opportunities:
- Boys And Girls Club Of Metro Atlanta: https://www.bgcma.org/get-involved/volunteer/#gardening-landscaping
- Social Innovations Academy: http://www.socialinnovationacademy.eu/
- Empowering youth to take action for social good: https://mygivingpoint.org/
* * *
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
Understanding Relationship Etiquette In A World Of Faceless Usernames And Two Dimensional Emojis
* How We Learnt FOMO: Listen, I have nothing against technology. I can turn on and off the lights in my house from 200 miles away if I need to. During the pandemic, we bought a new car without ever stepping out of the house. What’s more, I don't have to wait...
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
Hit Hard By Chronic Loneliness? Here’s How To Take Charge And Help Yourself.
The Antidote To Loneliness Yes, there is joy, fulfillment, and companionship, but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering. ~ Sylvia Plath Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
A Sustainable And Scientific Approach Handbook To Positive Productivity
* Recover Fast And Often: If you want to be a productivity machine, there are few things you will have to consider. The first one is the obvious mindset change. That, even if we get distracted for a few moments in a day, all is not lost. We literally can...
Become A Guest Blogger For Us. Here, Read Posts From Some Awesome Writers.
Read Below Posts From Our Awesome Guest Bloggers Write For Us And Inspire People To Action!Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Whether It’s A Side Gig Or A Business, Here Are Strategies For Every Entrepreneur
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Generation Z, Those Born Between 1995 & 2015, Has Entered The Workforce. Are They Ready For It?
* Times Are Changing: This is what we were hearing from companies in 2019 about their top 5 soft skills they needed the most. 1. Creativity2. Persuasion3. Collaboration4. Adaptability5. Time ManagementSource: LinkedIn, 2019 Times have changed post...
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
Have You Tiktoked It Yet? This Kind Of Social, Is It Trendy Or Just Toxic?
* https://youtu.be/BbMx1n7vBeo * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Have You Tiktoked It Yet? As Found on the internet: Young people are turning to TikTok rather than Google as a search engine. ‘I’ll TikTok it’ has already...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Want To Crush It In Life? Start With These Thoughts That Will Help You Shine.
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
Free Assessments, Interview Prep and Exam Certification Study Guides For Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Project Managers
* Agile, Scrum And PMP Resources Overview: In preparation for your Scrum Master or PMP certifications, you can look at various free resources including Sample mock tests, Udemy Courses, Interview Prep Courses on YouTube and others. * Courses And Study...
The Future Of Information, Knowledge Workers And The Workspace
* Understanding Information And Knowledge: Knowledge is becoming cheaper and less important. In the near future, nobody will hire us because of what we know. We will be hired for our abilities to think, create and solve problems with what we know. So, in this...
How Coaches and Mentors Nurture Leadership Skills in Young Adults
* Who Is A Coach? Coaches are given the prospect to exercise and discover issues in a cooperative, tailored, and nuanced way. You learn to adapt to new responsibilities and challenges through coaches. In every game, the role of a coach is to ensure they...
How To Start Your Own Business, Even If You’re a Youngin’
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
Top 4 Social Media Fails That Lead Employees To Get Canned From Companies
* * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://sba.thehartford.com/managing-employees/employees-getting-canned-over-social-media/ * The Future Of Work And The Role Of Non-Cognitive Skills: Read more...
Who Are Road Scientists And How To Work In STEM As A Digital Nomad
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!