Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
Ok let’s see how teens behave.
We feel like all their actions and behaviors seem to point out that
• They are seeking independence.
• They are evolving into their separate identity
• And mostly they are testing the limits of our boundaries.
Here’s the truth.
Teens are literally evolving physically, emotionally and physiologically.
The prefrontal cortex – the thinking cap and the judgement center of the brain is not fully grown until 25 years old.
They are trying to understand the world around them. Based on what they see on tiktok and peers, they are understanding the ideals of life – How to walk, talk and dress.
As they constantly evaluate their world around them, teens are synthesizing the info they absorb into ideas. So when they’re arguing, they are just practicing these ideas on us not really trying to rebel.
Studies show that that half of teens surveyed say they have experimented with alcohol, drugs and sex. So there is another 50% that haven’t so please be kind and patient with these emerging adults.
After all, this generation has had to become socially present people much earlier.
* * *
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
* Continued From Part II: Check it out HERE. * For Many Tiktok Needs No Introduction: In this attention economy, there's no bigger lure for children, teens and adults like Tiktok. It's an app that promises to showcase your creativity serving it up...
* We've all seen the naughty kids, the tantrum throwers and the belligerent ones. But, here's the thing though. Children are not aware of or able to articulate the real reasons behind their actions, especially if they have behavioral and emotional difficulties....
* Continued From Part I: Check it out HERE. * Discovering On Snapchat: Yes, we are in the digital age, and kids will have to find ways for social integration online. Yes, it is inevitable. But, one of the most useless apps on the planet can be...
Part I: Part II: Part III: Part IV: For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group?...
* Busyness Is Not Productivity: The internet has no ending, so is it a battle we won't win? Not necessarily. We just have to be intentional and vigilant about our use of our devices and time. There is always new information whenever we get onto the internet....
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!