Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
Why Children Rebel
When caregivers don’t live by the rules they preach, children start questioning the validity of everything.
- They don’t want to be told No, before being explained why something might not be the best choice for them.
- Pushing too hard will be met with push back.
What Children Don’t Understand
- What more important things could be happening on your phone when they’re around.
- How you can be so busy that you can’t read them a 2 page story at the end of the night.
- If you’re not changing their lives, what else are you doing?
What Children Crave
- They crave human connection in the form of bodily contact.
- They crave arms that hug to show care and love.
- They crave a consistent, predictable and responsive care giver.
- They crave for our presence just like how we crave for theirs, except they do it without judgment.
- They want their lives to be seen in the context of a meaningful relationship.
* * *