Want To Listen To This Instead?
Art As A Medium Of Expression:
“…language is not merely a device for communicating ideas about the world, but rather a tool for bringing the world into existence in the first place. Reality is not simply ‘experienced’ or ‘reflected’ in language, but instead is actually produced by language.” Says Terence McKenna in his book, Food of the Gods.
Somehow, art, as a medium of communication feels the same way as the spoken word. It’s a representation of our thoughts, our dreams and our wildest ambitions.
The Importance Of Communication:
For most relationships to work, positive and nurturing communication is key. Communication is so important, especially the congruency of it, that it can mean life or death to most of our personal and professional relationships. Let’s see the characteristics of Congruent communication.
* Active listening that seeks to validate the speaker’s feelings.
* Restraint in a response until the speaker is done talking.
* In times of conflict, it’s important to remember that the words of the speaker might be unacceptable, not the speaker themselves.
* Keep in mind that the other person is equally capable of making sound decisions.
* Setting clear expectations of behavior upfront.
* * *