Want To Listen To This Instead?
Art As A Medium Of Expression:
“…language is not merely a device for communicating ideas about the world, but rather a tool for bringing the world into existence in the first place. Reality is not simply ‘experienced’ or ‘reflected’ in language, but instead is actually produced by language.” Says Terence McKenna in his book, Food of the Gods.
Somehow, art, as a medium of communication feels the same way as the spoken word. It’s a representation of our thoughts, our dreams and our wildest ambitions.
The Importance Of Communication:
For most relationships to work, positive and nurturing communication is key. Communication is so important, especially the congruency of it, that it can mean life or death to most of our personal and professional relationships. Let’s see the characteristics of Congruent communication.
* Active listening that seeks to validate the speaker’s feelings.
* Restraint in a response until the speaker is done talking.
* In times of conflict, it’s important to remember that the words of the speaker might be unacceptable, not the speaker themselves.
* Keep in mind that the other person is equally capable of making sound decisions.
* Setting clear expectations of behavior upfront.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
COMMUNICATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COMMUNICATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COMMUNICATION
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* Here are a series of Strength essays by teenagers in a school in inner city Atlanta. * * * * * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world...
* As teachers and coaches, we all find ourselves in a situation where we must engage and connect with the kids in our care. Here are a few questions that will help as icebreakers when we need to get to know others. 1. In your opinion, what animal is the...
* As a parent advocate trying to bring social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities, it’s so exciting for me to see what Fulton County is doing with 7 mindsets, Gwinnett with its 7 Habits of Successful Teens and Barrow county...
* The 4 S's of Parenting: Seen, Soothe, Safety, all three lead to the 4th S which is Security. Only if these 4 Ss are there, children can do a better job of making sense of the world around them. Research on child development says that one of the very best...
* What Is A Difficult Conversation? One of the top reasons why we procrastinate when it comes to relationships is our inability to have difficult conversations. Especially, if it involves discussing a topic of concern that might irreversibly alter the status...
* Stories are used to sell important ideas. Even companies selling yogurt have their origin story on the marketing label as a way to connect with potential customers - complete with green pastuers, beautiful cows - you get the drift. Stories help us connect...
* So many parents come to us with this idea."My children are doing great at school. I don't think you have anything to offer them." And here is what we tell them.We're not fixing anything, we're simply building on top of their academic skills. That's because...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!