Knowledge Economy And The Future Of Work:
In this digital age of information overload, there is a greater need to teach our kids how to process information and how to make sense of it rather than giving them more information via curriculum.
Technologies in cloud computing, artificial intelligence, big data analytics, UX (User experience) design are rapidly evolving. In fact, they are evolving at an exponential rate. As a workforce, if we want to stay relevant, we need to be constantly upskilling and reskilling ourselves.
Knowledge is becoming cheaper and less important. In the near future, nobody will hire us because of what we know. We will be hired for our abilities to think, create and solve problems with what we know.
Are We 21st Century Ready?
Generation Z (those born between 1995 and 2015) has entered the workforce? Are they ready for it?! Here are the top 10 job market skills of 2020. Notice how none of them have anything to do with specific technology or hard skills.
1. Complex Problem Solving
2. Critical Thinking
4. People Management
5. Coordinating with Others
6. Emotional Intelligence
7. Judgement and Decision Making
8. Service Orientation
10. Cognitive Flexibility
Source: Future of Jobs Report, World Economic Forum, 2018.
* * *
The A to Z Of Life Skills
Check Out Our Featured Videos!
Check Out The Latest On Our Blog!
* Why Share Or Care: “Best friends are better than pocket money.” I heard this from a Jamaican Car salesman when I went car shopping a couple of years ago. And it got me thinking. Among all life skills, the spirit of collaboration (sharing, caring,...
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will...
How Does Our Curriculum Work? Our classes are designed to be a part of the momentum that drives their life upward. In short, our program is like giving an extra tool kit for your child to stand out in a group of peers who excel in the same set of STREAM (Science...
* A Simple Life From A By Gone Era: If you were a 20th Century Parent: All you had to do was a set of 3 tasks on repeat each and every day: Bathe Clothe Feed If you’re a child of the 21st Century though, you’re: Over scheduled Over supervised and Burnt...
Why is STEAM Important?In the context of learning, the disciplines of STEM interlaced with the creativity and imagination of art is the reason why tough academic concepts are easy to remember. That's why we're not just STEM, we're STEAM. 48% of companies now offer...
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine....
* Do We Really Need Life Coaches? We rely on our friends and family for words of kind encouragement, with a promise of doing the same for them in time of their need. But when a problem arises for a near and dear one, we are enveloped in this urge to protect...
* Non-Cognitive Skills, What? Here's something we can all agree on. Human intellectual potential is a combination of Hard and Soft Skills. Soft skills - People skills, life skills, interpersonal skills or transferable skills. Whatever you label them as,...
* Why Must We Train In Soft Skills? According to Margaret Mead, an anthropologist, we are living in a post-figurative society. Thanks to the onslaught of technology, our children figure out things before adults do. So, in a society where the young know more...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!